• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Picked up a couple new ones

lovetheleaf

Today I picked up a bottle of The Balvenie DoubleWood and Blanton's Single Barrel. I cracked open The Balvenie today and I have to say it is very smooth stuff. I am usually a Canadian whiskey drinker, but wanted to try something different (at the direction of AVB). I tried it neat first to try and see if I could distinguish the different nuances of this and really had no luck. I just know it was good. Later I poured some on the rocks and man it was so tasty, for some reason this time when I drank it cold it really brought the taste out. It was very smooth, slightly sweet and not very smoky tasting at all. I would very much recommend it on the rocks. Tomorrow I will open up the Blanton's and report back. Thanks AVB for the recommendation.

0041.jpg
:cool:

Very nice! Haven't had the Blanton's but the Balvenie Doublewood is an all time favorite.

I've grown into quite a fan of the Balvenie. Great choice!

Glad you liked the Balvenie, Chris. It really is a super dram. Do let us know what you think about the Blanton's.

I'm a huge fan of the Double Wood and can't recommend it enough. I just bought a new bottle and it still amazed me how good it was.

I've had Blantons once but it was at a company christmas party and I'd had a few drinks before drinking it. That being said I thought it was rather uneventful and not as flavorful as an Eagle Rare 17 or a Four Roses Single Barrel which are close to the price point of Blantons but much better. Perhaps you'll have better luck and I'd like to try it again under different circumstances.

Yes, I was torn between the Blanton's and the Eagle Rare. I'll let you know what I think.

Tonight I cracked the Blanton's open. :love: I have to say this is one incredible bourbon. I am very glad I picked this one up. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that I am tasting, but I can say it is one of the smoothest liquors I have tasted. While sipping on this tasty treat I decided to do a little research on Blanton's on-line. I found something that sounds very good and I was wondering if any one has come across it, I would love to hear about it if so! It seems Blanton's has a cigar specially paired for this buttery bourbon. I tried searching it on CP and couldn't come across it. I have attached the link for you to check out.

Blanton's

I'm a fan of Blanton's bourbon myself, but I haven't tried the Blanton's cigar. At 14+ dollars a cigar, I don't think I will either.

Ive been eying up the Blantons myself for awhile. I was able to sample some this year at the Bourbon and Beer fest here. It was quite good. I think it might be next on the list.

Damon