• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Picked up a couple of tins today.

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
So I decided to expand the horizons a bit and I picked up a tin of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe and a tin of Peterson De Luxe Mixture. Hopefully will try one of them tonight.

They had a lot of different Petersons - Perfect Plug, Irish Flake, University Flake, Old Dublin, Connoiseurs Choice, Sunset Breeze, Gold Blend. They only had a few Dunhills - Royal Yacht, London Mixture, Deluxe Navy. Plus the two I got.

I paid $28 total for the two but I have no idea what pricing is normally on this stuff. Seems almost all the tins they had where $13-$20 range though. They also had a ton of Ashton stuff.

Did I get taken on the price? Should I look for an online source?

I don't know what MI's tax situation is like, so I can't comment on the price. I know you could get both for about $10 less online before shipping, but the two tins would probably be about the same as you paid off the shelf here in MN.

Those are two pretty nice blends. The DeLuxe mixture is a very good aromatic and EMP is a staple in many experienced pipe smokers' rotations. Neither is exceptionally strong or bold, but they're composed of high quality tobacco and pleasant smokes.

Enjoy them. :thumbs:

I'll second what has already been said. Good choices indeed. Tins at my B&M are about $14, so don't worry.

If you find yourself back there looking for one or two more, I would highly suggest Old Dublin. One of my favorites.

I tried some pf the petersons last night. I did enjoy it. :) However, upon opening the tin (which proved difficult), I noticed the tobacco seemed a bit dry. Is it supposed to be that way? The can had a nice sound so it seemed sealed well when it opened but I thought I would have to "dry" the tobacco a bit before smoking yet once I pulled some out it didn't seem that way at all so I just filled the pipe and went to town.

Or maybe the tin was a bit old? I have no idea how long its been in said shop.

If it smoked well right out of the tin, consider yourself lucky. ;)

If it is at a good moisture level for smoking, smoke the tin up within a week or two or put it into a mason jar or some other airtight vessel (you can leave it in the tin and just put the whole thing in a freezer bag, too) to maintain that moisture level. Experiment a little one bowl at a time and see if you like the tobacco as is or if drying helps. It's all part of the fun.

Early Morning Pipe is one of my fav's! And I thought the prices you paid were very fair.