• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Poor Man's PLPCs and BCEs

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.
...actually an experiment that I hope will pay off 15 years down the road.

54 (6 rows deep of 9 across) RGPCs and 50 RGCEs. We'll see how much life the cigars have left as vendors have been blowing them out at ridiculous prices of late. I'm hopeful that cabinet storage and a little TLC will bring good things. Thanks to Wilkey for the PLPC cab!

I plan to let them acclimate for 3 months and then vacuum seal the boxes.

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7053.jpg

Very nice! I'm taking it these aren't smoking that great at the moment? These the 99/00/01 stock?

What a wonderful idea. Mind if I steal it? ;)

Those franken-cabs look great, Rob. Do my eyes deceive me or did you actually rebuild a wheel with the RGCEs? I've never had the patience to do so. Just stack 'em deep and wide like firewood. :D

For some reason, I like the look of box pressed cigars in an SLB cab. Just something real orderly about it.

Wilkey

Good luck with your experiment. :thumbs:

At the prices they went for, they would have to be absolutely horrid to not be worth the investment. I plan on going through my inventory of them throughout the year as casual "it's all I have time for" cigars.

What a wonderful idea. Mind if I steal it? ;)

Those franken-cabs look great, Rob. Do my eyes deceive me or did you actually rebuild a wheel with the RGCEs? I've never had the patience to do so. Just stack 'em deep and wide like firewood. :D

For some reason, I like the look of box pressed cigars in an SLB cab. Just something real orderly about it.

Wilkey

LOL. I seem to remember some Trini experiment you started some time ago. How are the Ingenios, anyway? :)

Very nice! I'm taking it these aren't smoking that great at the moment? These the 99/00/01 stock?

The PCs are 01 and CE are 00. Boxcodes within the cabinet are consistent.

Good luck with your experiment. :thumbs:

At the prices they went for, they would have to be absolutely horrid to not be worth the investment. I plan on going through my inventory of them throughout the year as casual "it's all I have time for" cigars.

Thanks Raymond. That was my thought as well. What's to lose, given the recent pricing? :D

That's a pretty good idea. I put a bunch of the RG CE's in an SLR A box just for ease but I might try that with some Boli CE's

Actually, the CEs are a bit tight in the wheel (to get the lid to slide in a reasonable fashion). Maybe I'll ditch the upside-down RASS ribbon for a couple of extra RGCEs. :laugh: