• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pork chops...f’d em up again

JustJoe

Online recipe calls for 145deg, used a bluetooth thermometer and took em out of the 400 deg oven at 142...watched em go up to 156. 🤨

Great taste (salt/pepper/garlic), way too tough, again.

Note to self...take out of oven at 133-135 deg and watch temp rise.

I’m going to do it again. Sear hot as fvk for 2 mins a side, then pan bake at 400 til 135? and remove and see if they hit 140-145 deg after 5-8 mins. 🤷‍♂️

I‘ve got some decent pics of sous vide cooks, just have to figure out have to make them available to post.

Yeah, pretty much anticipate 5-10 degrees of carryover once you remove from heat. If you're shooting for 135 degrees and you're baking at 400, I would remove at 130 or even a couple degrees below that and let it cruise to 135 out of the oven. Also, the smaller/thinner the cut, the quicker it will cook.

I think John's suggestion of sous vide is spot on. I am by no means a sous vide expert because I just started with it fairly recently but I have found that it works wonders with tougher cuts of meat.

My rule of thumb is temp is easy because it's a given what you want the internal temp to be but time in the sous vide is the key. For pork chops or venison, or other tougher meat, extra time will do wonders.

I think John's suggestion of sous vide is spot on. I am by no means a sous vide expert because I just started with it fairly recently but I have found that it works wonders with tougher cuts of meat.

My rule of thumb is temp is easy because it's a given what you want the internal temp to be but time in the sous vide is the key. For pork chops or venison, or other tougher meat, extra time will do wonders.
You need better pork chops if you think it's a tough cut of meat!

Besides, pork chops are typically a tough cut of meat!

Just because you probably raise your own out in the boonies doesn't mean that the rest of the world gets tender pork chops.

IWhat is your opinion of sheep? Are they afraid?
No pigs here, yet,wife thinks they're disgusting (she isn't wrong). I just don't consider anything you can cut with just a fork as tough.

Baaaaah

you will need a non stick pan for frying and s baking tray with wire rack.

Find med/thin cut, bone in chops, nothing fancy. I usually find something at my local grocery store chain (King Soopers/Kroger).

prepare a plate or deep bowl with flour, salt and pepper to taste. If you like, a touch of Emeril’s essence seasoning, a touch of garlic powder.

mix coating together.

warm your non-stick pan with about a tablespoon to two table spoons of or vegetable oil. Medium/slightly medium high.

press both sides of chop into coating. Assure both sides get well coated.

preheat oven at this time to 375 F.

Fry your chops on both sides until coating is slightly browned and coating is no longer white, more yellow/gold.

cover wire rack or large plate with paper towels, place slightly browned chops on paper towels.

finish chops in the oven on wire rack baking tray for 15 mins at 375 F.
If oven is still pre heating, don’t worry, place chops in anyways. They will come out fine.

Lol, you guys crack me up. Thanks for all the replies.

As was mentioned, I should have just pulled ‘em out of the oven a bit sooner, probably @ 132 or so as they gained 12 deg as they rested.

I’ve got all the souse vide shiite (Anova), but I was being lazy. At least with pork it doesn‘t spank the wallet so badly when I fvk it up.

Cheers