• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Prayers and Good Thoughts Needed

PuroEsq

The Member Formerly Known as "JAEwing"
EDIT:

I had breakfast with my cousin Mel this morning. He shared with me pictures of the "scans" of his head and the tumor. Well there is some good news. While he still has the tumor and will require surgery, chemo and radiation ... the tumor is growing from the bone in his scull and not "in" the brain itself. This is a positive diagnosis as I understand if the tumor was "in" the brain as opposed to merely pressing on it surgical options can be limited if at all.

There are still possible complications of course. In addition to the usual chemo and radiation concerns the surgery will require that the surgeon leave about 5% of the tumor in place because it is to close to a mjor artery. And as he doctor said, "if I hit that it is lihs out, we cannot do anything to stop that."

Keep my cousin in all of your positive thoughts and prayers and we will hope that the good news continues to come in.

I will keep you all updated.

- Jason

P.S. - thanks to all of you who have responded.

My family has always been very close. I grew up living virtually next door to my aunt, uncle and cousins. Our immediate family has always included all the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins - spending all holidays, birthdays and special events together. Now that we are older of course this has extended equally to their spouses and children.

About ten or fifteen years ago my cousin was diagnosed with cancer in his nasal passages and underwent surgery, chemo, and radiation therapy. He beat it. About eight or so years ago the cancer came back in the femur of his right leg. Surgery, chemo and radiation treatments began again and he once again beat it. I have just found out today that the cancer has returned and is in his brain. Doctors have indicated that they can remove it with surgery and he will once again undergo chemo and radiation.

He is only 46, his name is Mel, and he has a wife and young son who is only 6. He is keeping a positive attitude and will even continue working as much as he can thoughout this new ordeal. The fact that he has beat it twice before is helping all of us keep hope this time as well.

Although I have never started a thread like this before, and I am not very religous either, I feel that the more people sending prayers and good thoughts his way can only be good. So I ask that you all keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. We all will be dealing with a lot over the next weeks and months.

My thanks to a great group of BOTL/SOTL.

- Jason

Good thoughts to him and his family.

He is in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. To have beat it twice says he is a very special person.

Sending lots of love, positive thoughts and prayers Jason!!

Wow Jason, that's heavy and I am sorry to hear it. All good thoughts on the way.

I don't know you but was touched by your post, I hope and pray he kicks it for good this time. positive vibes coming his way!

I will defintely keep him, his family, and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Many thoughts and prayers go out to him! Very tough to go through something like that so many times, however the guy sounds strong as an ox!

Good thoughts headed his way from my end. My thought are with you as well.

edit: I can't spell

Prayers going out to him and his whole family.