• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pre-castro

When you think about it, $160 is really not too crazy for a cigar like that when you compare the price to other rare, HTF stuff. (way out of my price range though - I balk at $160 a box! :D)

big money...and a lot better stuff to be had for 16k.........if it had a legit tie to churchill w/ autogragh etc...that'd be something else.

smoked a few pre-castro's and pre-embargo.....most are nice to smoke for the significance of it and the wow factor....but the sticks are not outstanding in my experience.....but the experience is kind of. I smoked a 54 H. Upmann Belvedere and all I could think about was what a neat smoke it was and how life must have been for the folks in Cuba before Castro nationalized everything. Vintage Cuba is what I felt I was smoking. Great experience, but in terms of flavor, etc. Not a ton of that there.....just paying for the experience. Same w/ a 1920's Lords of England pre-castro stick I just smoked. Wild smoking a cigar that was older than 99% of the population! Average stick....but the feeling was really cool....hard to describe.

Interesting but IMO there is probably better stuff out there for the money, ybdmv. Also fwiw, compare these with the price of 1492s, behikes and the like and you are getting a steal :rolleyes:

lmao thats 100 cigars divided by 16k is about $160 per smoke

That's not accounting for the the fact that there are three different vitolas, although at this point they may be very similarly valued. And although Christie's is selling them, they may be crap, but are probably sublime.

ETA: May want to check that math with our resident mathamagician, MoeCizlak

lmao thats 100 cigars divided by 16k is about $160 per smoke

That's not accounting for the the fact that there are three different vitolas, although at this point they may be very similarly valued. And although Christie's is selling them, they may be crap, but are probably smokable.

I wouldn't count on that, either. From what I've heard Christy's new cigar guy isn't quite up to par.