• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre Civil War humidor

CajunChris

This weekend, My wife and I went to an antibellum home/ bed & breakfast for our anniversary. One of the things that was cool, was the original homeowner's humidor. It looked kind of like a photo cube, covered in leather, with a photograph on each of the 4 sides. It had an elaborate THING on top. When the THING was rotated, the 4 walls of this "photo cube" (which was actually more like a tall rectagle than a square) would rotate, revealing 3 rings and bases in which to put cigars. In other words, it could hold 12 cigars, and it looked nothing like a humidor as we know them. Since there were no air conditioners back then (dehumidifiers), no humidification device was needed. (The humidity in South Louisiana averages in the 80's).I thought you all might find this interesting. I sure did. Of course, It doesn't take much to interest me....football...baseball....guitars....french fries...the three stooges......oh yeah, and original, pre civil war photo cube humidors!

That does sound interesting. Did you happen to take a picture of it? Rod

No Rod, I didn't take a picture. I may call the owner to see if she wants to sell it. I'm hoping she will, because it was in an outside building that used to be the plantation's law office(which is not that great of an environment - sort of like a storage shed), not in the actual house. Regardless, I'll take a picture if I'm in that area again and send it to you to post. The town is only about 45 minutes away.Take care,
CC