• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pretty soon, the blind will see, and the lame will walk...

CigSid

Love this place...
I have been following David Sinclair and his team for years, and they finally did it... amazing.

Now, if they can do something about hearing loss without me resorting to electric ears, my wife will be a happy camper...

Love my electric ears. I stream bluetooth music all the time, helps my tinnitus and I can take handsfree phone calls

Love my electric ears. I stream bluetooth music all the time, helps my tinnitus and I can take handsfree phone calls

If you don't mind me asking, what do you have? I don't know a thing about them, honestly.

You'd think that with everything else I have wrong with me, wearing a hearing aid would be the least of my worries. It's the one thing I haven't been able to make myself do yet, though, as much as I definitely could benefit. My tinnitus is horrible -- I have several different pitches ringing at once, and it constantly sounds like there's a fan on or machinery running, as well as water running through pipes. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse, but the general frequencies that many females speak in is what is affected most; it sounds like the teacher from Peanuts most of the time when my wife is talking to me (so many jokes to be had there, but it's seriously what it's like). The lower, rumbly pitch of male voices usually comes through ok. Does it really dampen the tinnitus that effectively?

If you don't mind me asking, what do you have? I don't know a thing about them, honestly.

You'd think that with everything else I have wrong with me, wearing a hearing aid would be the least of my worries. It's the one thing I haven't been able to make myself do yet, though, as much as I definitely could benefit. My tinnitus is horrible -- I have several different pitches ringing at once, and it constantly sounds like there's a fan on or machinery running, as well as water running through pipes. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse, but the general frequencies that many females speak in is what is affected most; it sounds like the teacher from Peanuts most of the time when my wife is talking to me (so many jokes to be had there, but it's seriously what it's like). The lower, rumbly pitch of male voices usually comes through ok. Does it really dampen the tinnitus that effectively?
Me too. Sucks getting old.

They are Phonak M90-R. It wasn't until everyone started wearing masks that's I realized how much lip reading I did. Even though I only have one zone in my left ear that's diminished, I really enjoy having the amplifiers. I've been wearing them for six months now, and feel naked without them.

My tinnitus is always there, in the upper frequencies, and I find having the hearing aids putting some white noise in helps cancel it out. Mine isn't so bad that I can't sleep, but that could be because I've had it since I was a toddler and I thought it was normal until a few years ago.

If insurance covers them, get them, I paid $70 out of pocket for these. My Bluetooth ears buds were twice that and don't handle phone calls very well.

They are Phonak M90-R. It wasn't until everyone started wearing masks that's I realized how much lip reading I did. Even though I only have one zone in my left ear that's diminished, I really enjoy having the amplifiers. I've been wearing them for six months now, and feel naked without them.

My tinnitus is always there, in the upper frequencies, and I find having the hearing aids putting some white noise in helps cancel it out. Mine isn't so bad that I can't sleep, but that could be because I've had it since I was a toddler and I thought it was normal until a few years ago.

If insurance covers them, get them, I paid $70 out of pocket for these. My Bluetooth ears buds were twice that and don't handle phone calls very well.

Yes, I totally get that about the lip reading. I notice that I actively do that here at the house with the fam. How's the sound for music? I will check those out. Thanks!

Yes, I totally get that about the lip reading. I notice that I actively do that here at the house with the fam. How's the sound for music? I will check those out. Thanks!

They are flat and have very minimal bass response. Think small TV or emergency radio speakers and you will know what I mean. But don't let that sway you, it's good for distraction to help concentrate on a project. When I'm on the porch enjoying a pipe or cigar, I stream YT videos and can still hear my surroundings if someone starts calling my name.

They are flat and have very minimal bass response. Think small TV or emergency radio speakers and you will know what I mean. But don't let that sway you, it's good for distraction to help concentrate on a project. When I'm on the porch enjoying a pipe or cigar, I stream YT videos and can still hear my surroundings if someone starts calling my name.

That's awesome. I could v-herf right through the in-ears! I think it's time to definitely seriously consider going that route. I ain't gots no hairs, though, so there's no obscuring an OTR setup. I mean, I have a robot leg on the right side, a canted ankle and messed up knee on the left, I walk like Frankenstein's monster, and have about as many visible scars all over my body. I also have MPB, apparently. I have no good reason whatsoever why that would be the hangup for me with these things.

That's awesome. I could v-herf right through the in-ears! I think it's time to definitely seriously consider going that route. I ain't gots no hairs, though, so there's no obscuring an OTR setup. I mean, I have a robot leg on the right side, a canted ankle and messed up knee on the left, I walk like Frankenstein's monster, and have about as many visible scars all over my body. I also have MPB, apparently. I have no good reason whatsoever why that would be the hangup for me with these things.

My financial guy is bald and wears them. The thin wire that goes from the control unit to the speaker is all that's visible and it's close to invisible.

You are going to run out of plugs to charge everything you need to function. ;)

Seriously though I just googled tinnitus. I didn't realize this is a thing. All my life if I ever been in a quiet location I always hear a slight "fuzz" sound.

Ha. That's a struggle that is real -- you meant it humorously, but sockets are not plentiful in this house!

Tinnitus is a thing, for sure. Many people have a slight affection and don't even realize it. A "fuzz" or "fan" is pretty common in those cases.

Ha. That's a struggle that is real -- you meant it humorously, but sockets are not plentiful in this house!

Tinnitus is a thing, for sure. Many people have a slight affection and don't even realize it. A "fuzz" or "fan" is pretty common in those cases.

Mine sounds like an old CRT monitor. High pitched and easily drowned out until you try to sleep. Might be why I'm able to fall asleep around loud equipment so easily.