• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Price is no object Champagne

vudu9

What would be the cats ass? I've heard Krug in general. any suggestions?

From what I've tasted, and yes I have tasted my share of Krug from different vintages, my vote goes to:

Salon 1996 Blanc de Blancs Le Mesnil-sur-Oger
Champagne, France

winemaker's notes:
"Wouldn't it be lovely if we could drink Salon Le Mesnil every day? This is an incredibly beautiful, sophisticated, lavishly appointed bubbly with an exquisite blend of aged yeast notes smelling of lightly toasted brioche layered atop scents of vanilla, Meyer lemon, chalk and minerals all in the most seamless and creamy of fashions. Its mousse is smooth but energetic and comes with appropriately pinpoint-sized bubbles. Sporting all the finesse that Blanc de Blancs can manage yet rewardingly deep and rich in flavor, this wine is easily the most impressive bottling in this go-round of world-class bubblies."
-Connoisseurs' Guide

The 1996 Salon is a pale yellow color with a touch of green. It is clear and lively, with fine, persistent bubbles and a stunning bouquet. Initially, the nose offers hints of green apple, which soon develop into lemon and grapefruit combined with pear and kiwi notes. The wine is complex and refreshing on the palate, displaying a burst of minerality. This is a well-made, rich, powerful Champagne, all-encompassing yet subtle, with contained strength.

Serving Suggestions
According to Didier Depond, Salon should be served in a tulip-shaped glass instead of a traditional champagne flute. "Because of the richness and complexity of its aromas, and its exceptional, lingering finish, we’ve found that Salon can be drunk in the same way as a great wine. This style of glass allows the wine to breathe more efficiently."

Vineyard Profile
Salon uses only grapes from severely pruned vines that are at least 40-years-old and grown on mid-slopes. All of the fruit is picked and sorted by hand.

Winemaking
Pressing is carried out with a traditional press used solely for Salon. Only the cuvée, or first pressing, is used for its wine. The cuvée is the lightest, purest and ripest juice that contains the highest amount of acid. The first fermentation occurs in a stainless steel tank, where the temperature is controlled and freshness preserved. To that end, the wine does not see any oak, nor does it go through malolactic fermentation. Aging takes place in Salon’s chalk cellars for 8–10 years. The slow marriage of acidity and fruit that takes place over time gives Salon its signature elegance, finesse, balance and exceptional depth, as well as a fine, persistent mousse. Riddling is carried out manually, and because the bottle has an embossed relief (the word "Salon") at the point where the bottle begins to taper toward the neck, a special technique is required to prevent sediment collecting in the lines of the relief. The bottle starts out with the embossed relief at the 12 o'clock position. From that point, it is riddled left to right, then right to left, until the sediment is trapped at the top of the neck of the bottle. The wine is hand-disgorged only when an order is received.

:cool:

Bollinger Blanc de Noirs Vieilles Vignes Francaises 1997. Only 33 cases imported about $600+ if you can find it.

I had Dom Perignon at our Christmas party this year. We had a couple bottles at our table. I believe it was 1998, I can check.

I drink wine, mainly red, but would put myself as a more of a beer drinker, favorite being Chimay from Belgium.

With that said, the Dom was good, my first reaction would be "surprised", and that was because after drinking it, I can't imagine paying that much for it...but like I said, not a Champagne drinker, mostly wine and beer.

You could also try Cristal...you can't watch an episode of MTV Cribs and not see Cristal in the fridge...hehe :D

Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin La Grande Dame - pick a vintage, any vintage

Taittinger.....Millesime.......1988........Tried one 3years ago....Still have one left.....Just as good as Andre' :laugh:

Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin La Grande Dame - pick a vintage, any vintage

1996 La Grande Dame .......... mmmmmmmmm, a few of these resting as well. Good juice ..... :thumbs:

I saw a deal on this the other day while I was browsing. I think it was NapaCabs and it was 104$.

Did you pick up a couple? That's not a bad price. We've been experimanting with small production Champagnes lately and have found a few very nice everyday drinking one's in the under $50 range. We're fortunate to have a great importer of smaller production Champagnes.

"You mean pimp juice"

What do you mean by this?

1.pimpjuice - It is the lifeforce of the Pimp.
It's the nectar of the Pimps. It courses through our veins all the time, and at some points in daily life it is at an exponential level. And at that point Pimp Nirvana has been achieved. Pachoota will fall from the sky and blowjobs will occur everywhere.

2.pimpjuice -
Anything that attracts the opposite sex.

Pimpjuice is color blind. It is Money, Power, or Scrait Intellect.
Erin wants my pimpjuice fo' sheezy my neezy.

"You mean pimp juice"

What do you mean by this?

1.pimpjuice - It is the lifeforce of the Pimp.
It's the nectar of the Pimps. It courses through our veins all the time, and at some points in daily life it is at an exponential level. And at that point Pimp Nirvana has been achieved. Pachoota will fall from the sky and blowjobs will occur everywhere.

2.pimpjuice -
Anything that attracts the opposite sex.

Pimpjuice is color blind. It is Money, Power, or Scrait Intellect.
Erin wants my pimpjuice fo' sheezy my neezy.

Now were getting somewhere!