• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pucker up... PSA

mmburtch

Sleep deprived and cranky
Ladies and gents, I just had my 4th colonoscopy yesterday. They found and removed a small polyp. Six years ago, I had a resection because they were unable to remove a polyp.

I just became "old enough" to be eligible for preventive screening this year. Seven years ago, my father had his first colonoscopy at 65ish. Lots of polyps and complications that led to a resection. That was my ticket to early screening. Current recommendations call for screening of those with first relative history (parent or sibling) starting at age 40 or 10 years earlier than the relative was diagnosed, whichever comes first.

Polyps and the cancer they can become are slow growers, easy to find early. These things are hereditary, you will most likely pass them on to your children. Talk to your parents and siblings. Get screened as soon as you are eligible. What you find out today could allow your family members a ten year head start at prevention.

While it's a major pain the ass to do (sic)...it's a must for those over 40.

Great post as a reminder.

I had twenty two polyps removed last July. Yea, that's a big number. No resection. I have to have a colonoscopy every year, now.No sympathy from my nurse wife. I guess you're not sick if you don't have tubes hanging out your nose and mouth.

Doc

Had my first at 50, Doc said I was good and '....see you in ten years..".

...so, I get this phone call last week...guess who..??..;-)

...Shhhh...!!! Not yet, got 'a few' more months to go.

Sounds freaking old. Trust me, I get it......:oops:

My family history is bad enough that I had to have one at age 31....then recommended every two years from there on out.

I've always thought of you as an asshole , mmburtch - this thread only reinforces my instincts. ;)

As I was pondering mmburtch's asshole, it occurred to me how much this place has changed! Back in the old days of CigarPass, grateful1 would have already posted NSFW links of assholes and Matt R. would have requested mmburtch's personal images from his colonoscopies to add to his brown eye fetish collection.

As I was pondering mmburtch's asshole, it occurred to me how much this place has changed! Back in the old days of CigarPass, grateful1 would have already posted NSFW links of assholes and Matt R. would have requested mmburtch's personal images from his colonoscopies to add to his brown eye fetish collection.
It's not really that different. Just now it's nutsack spoon rests and chocolate dildos.

Speaking of assholes...LINKY Linky2

Wow! A colonoscopy really brings thing out to the light.

Had my first one two weeks ago. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. Slept right through it. The only part that blows is the whole liquid/jello diet the day before and that freak'n solution they make you take slowly is just horrible. Gets you clean as a whistle though. Thankfully I don't need to do it again for a bunch more years.