• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Purslane

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
Purslane ... it's a weed with tons of health benefits and grows wild everywhere. People just need to make sure where it's gown hasn't been treated with weed killers. Which might be hard to do since it is looked upon as a weed. Anyone eat this weed? How do you like to prepare it if so? 1659972377354.png

Yeah... the trouble with eating it is to find some that the ground hasn't been treated with weed killers...EVER!
Yeah that is probably a trick. My former neighbor was a certified organic chef and he told me that "organic" is basically a myth because the soil where "organic" stuff is grown, was pumped full of pesticides and fertilizer at some point.

Wife makes me eat it from time to time. Meh.

Purslane ... it's a weed with tons of health benefits and grows wild everywhere. People just need to make sure where it's gown hasn't been treated with weed killers. Which might be hard to do since it is looked upon as a weed. Anyone eat this weed? How do you like to prepare it if so? View attachment 59063
Mexicans, Chicanos, and Natives would eat this as survival food. Basically cook like green beans is what I was told. Many people from various cultures still eat this from time to time. I’ve yet to be adventurous and try it.

Mexicans, Chicanos, and Natives would eat this as survival food. Basically cook like green beans is what I was told. Many people from various cultures still eat this from time to time. I’ve yet to be adventurous and try it.
LOL @ Ceasar! I've actually picked it and cleaned it then just never cooked it, or ate it in a salad, so the adventurous side of me is on vacation with this as well. 😁✌️