• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

R.I.P Harry Morgan

I'll always remember him as Col. Potter but his role as the sheriff in the Shootist was hilarious.

Doc.

He had a long and happy career, my he RIP.

My favorite scene in MASH was when Col. Potter shot his jeep after Frank ran over it with the tank.

RIP sir.

R.I.P. Colonel Sherman Tecumseh Potter M.D.

You were a good actor Mr. Morgan and will be missed.

I could've sworn he was dead already. My gosh, he seemed 80-something when he was on MASH. I was more of a Henry Blake fan, but I did appreciate Mr. Morgan's acting. RIP.

Wow......I too thought he had passed away prior to this. I thought he died shortly after doing a MASH reunion show.

Great actor on a great show.

Col Potter could often be seen smoking a cigar on the show. I remember one episode where he had to take his army physical and his blood pressure was too high and had two weeks to get it down. They made him stop smoking and Rizzo from the motor pool offered him a fine cuban cigar. He had to refuse and at the end of the episode after they re-tested him, he immediately lit up the cigar.

RIP

RIP Mr. Morgan.

Having just purchased the MASH box set I am really enjoying his work lately.

Lots of cigar smoking in the show. One more reason to love what IMHO is the best series ever on TV.

PJ

[sub]Some of my favorite memories in college were watching MASH...loved Sherman Potter....RIP my cigar smoking friend..[/sub]

My wife and I would watch MASH reruns before bed early in our marriage. RIP Col. Potter.

When Stevenson left the show, I thought it was done. IMO, although different, he was a perfect choice and the show never skipped a beat.

Over the years I also heard that he was a good guy. RIP