• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

R.I.P Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage

thechenman

No One of Consequence
Tragic...not even 60. RIP Macho Man. Enjoyed watching your antics on weekends as a kid.

RIP

The grudge matches between him and Jake the Snake were some of the best pro wrestling had to offer. R.I.P. Macho Man

The police said he may have suffered a 'medical event' prior to the crash.

RIP Macho Man.

The police said he may have suffered a 'medical event' prior to the crash.

RIP Macho Man.

I read he had a heart attack. Not unusual for a man his age and with his history. RIP. You were one of my favorites.

Doc.

The grudge matches between him and Jake the Snake were some of the best pro wrestling had to offer. R.I.P. Macho Man

Yeah, I remember one match where Macho Man was tied up in the ropes and Jake the Snake had his King Cobra bite into his arm several times. The Cobra was defanged, of course, but it still freaked me the hell out.

It's pretty scary how many wrestlers have died at such a young age. I know he was a bit older (58) but that is still way to young. RIP Macho Man.

Actually, the snake was de-venomed (what's the proper word for that?), but not de-fanged. The bites were real, as was the blood from the puncture wounds. I remember reading that Randy was scared to death of snakes, and was ready to walk from the company after that (he was never exactly on an even keel to begin with). Apparently the angle went a little differently than he had agreed to.

I was a pretty big WWF fan in my childhood. My first live event was at the CYC in Scranton, PA. It was headlined by Jake Roberts and Andre The Giant (who was legit scared of snakes, too!). Saw HTM, The Rockers, and a slew of other top names from that era. I never got to see Randy Savage in person, though. I remember annoying my brother by constantly watching my old copied VHS tape of the Savage/Steamboat WMIII match.

Man, 58 is just way too young. However, "Heart Attack", in reference to deaths in pro wrestling and other sports of muscle, is quite similar to the "Actions Detrimental To Stock Car Racing" ruling in NASCAR for unspecified probation/penalty. You know why, but it's never really addressed. Too many of these guys die entirely too early from years of abusing their bodies. In all honesty, I'm surprised Hulk Hogan hasn't died yet from a "heart attack".

RIP Macho Man

Actually, the snake was de-venomed (what's the proper word for that?), but not de-fanged. The bites were real, as was the blood from the puncture wounds. I remember reading that Randy was scared to death of snakes, and was ready to walk from the company after that (he was never exactly on an even keel to begin with). Apparently the angle went a little differently than he had agreed to.

I was a pretty big WWF fan in my childhood. My first live event was at the CYC in Scranton, PA. It was headlined by Jake Roberts and Andre The Giant (who was legit scared of snakes, too!). Saw HTM, The Rockers, and a slew of other top names from that era. I never got to see Randy Savage in person, though. I remember annoying my brother by constantly watching my old copied VHS tape of the Savage/Steamboat WMIII match.

Man, 58 is just way too young. However, "Heart Attack", in reference to deaths in pro wrestling and other sports of muscle, is quite similar to the "Actions Detrimental To Stock Car Racing" ruling in NASCAR for unspecified probation/penalty. You know why, but it's never really addressed. Too many of these guys die entirely too early from years of abusing their bodies. In all honesty, I'm surprised Hulk Hogan hasn't died yet from a "heart attack".

RIP Macho Man

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not afraid of snakes (most snakes, anyway), but there is no way in hell I would ever let a King Cobra bite into me even if the snake was de-venomed. I think the term is 'milked', but regardless, that took some balls his part.