• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RA Superiores

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Has anyone tried these, and do you have any comments? I like most RA cigars and was wondering about these.

I've smoked a couple of boxes. Bought mainly because I love the size. Overall I just thought they were okay, not enough flavor to them...after a year in the humidor the flavors seemed to open up more, but I still don't think they are as good as new production RASS. Construction was always great.

These get very mixed reviews, curious to hear from others.

Edited to add: IMHO I think that the Club Allones have way more potential over time. They are kind of rough/gamey as far as the few I've tried, but my best guess is they'll settle in nicely in 2 or 3 years.

I like them a lot Larry. I think the H Upmann Royal is "comparable", but I like the RA's better. Good stick at a pretty decent price.

I like these better than the RASS. More refined to me. Have had better luck with the draw on these than on the Club Allones, which have been really tight on every one I've tried.

Last edited:
I LOVE RASCC, but not that into RASS. The Superiores have been consistently good from various vendors since their inception. My thought is--if you like RAs than you will really appreciate the Superiores. Nubbed every one I have had. I am a mere newbie on this forum, but they are good. They are tough to let age.

I've smoke around 50 of em so far. They're good not great. I prefer the RASCC in flavor.

But still good enough to smoke 50 of them lol

I'm sitting on 4 boxes of them myself, I love the corona gorada format, but need to rest these for a while first.

Thanks to all for their comments, bought some, not 50 however.

Well they've been out for some time now. It's always a good idea to sample from different years and box codes duh! ;)

I prefer to buy boxes over hunting down singles.

I grabbed a box of these from another member of the board. The box date was May 2015. Fired one up today for the first time. Good smoke, but not quite on the level as the RASS in my opinion. Definitely worth what I paid. I think these could benefit from a little more age on them. I'm laying them down for a while and may try one again in about 6 months or so.

They vary from box to box. I hosted a cigar dinner at the Club, and bought 5 boxes from the same source, the same box code and date. One box was clearly better than the rest, oily wrappers and a noticeably more intense aroma upon opening the box. I smoked one out of that box and thought it was a very good cigar. I smoked two out of the boxes I purchased (unrelated to the dinner) previously and thought they were good and for the price worth the purchase. Better than similarly priced cigars. Just my $.02. Leaving the rest of those to rest a while.