• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Range Trip

JackImpact

Got invited to go to the range by some Florida Gun Forum friends of mine. Picked up their guns for the first time and embarrassed them :D They said I did well, I think I could always do better.

The guns were an M16 67' era and a WASR AK-47 with Tapco Trigger and stock. Shot AR variants before, but never a 20 inch barrel or open sights and never shot an AK.

50 yards. M16. Open Sights.
DSC05066.jpg

100 yards. M16. Open Sights.
DSC05065.jpg

100 yards. M16. Open Sights.
DSC05063.jpg

50 yards. WASR AK-47. Panther Arms Micro Red Dot.
DSC05064.jpg

50 yards. WASR AK-47. Panther Arms Micro Red Dot.
DSC05061.jpg

100 yards. WASR AK-47. Panther Arms Micro Red Dot.
DSC05060.jpg

Not bad! Been a while.

Looks like you had a blast! :thumbs:

Are those your targets or the guys you went with? Reason I ask is because I was curious where you got them?

So the question is...which did you like better? The AR or the AK? Both are bottomless money holes, thats for sure.

Well, my first was an AR I built. I like the grip more and the cheek weld was at the right level for me and I shot open sight really well. The length on the AK was shorter, but the trigger was nicer, but I didnt like the height of the cheek weld. Much more recoil from the AK, but manageable. Both good guns. Would own both again.

You should try the Jewell trigger for your AR. I used to have one in one of the AR's I used to own...best money spent on that gun. for me it changed it from a 3-4" gun, down to a 1" gun.

hmmmmm this reminds me i need to get to the range!!!! Thanks for the reminder JackImpact. Sounds like you had a good time!