• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RASS

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
Had the best smoke of the year as of today, on Saturday. It was a Ramon Allones Specially Selected from 11/99. This was a gifted smoke from a good buddy over at cigargroup.com. Pre-light gave off the distinct aroma of island tobacco and a nice even draw. The first half of the smoke was a delicious smoke. It became even better as it got anxiously close to my fingertips. I don't know how to exactly describe it, but there were what I perceive to be hints of a leathery taste and some bits of nutmeg or cinnamon, though the spice flavors were just hints and not throughout the entire smoke. It had a nice finish that stayed just the right amount of time. I can only hope that anymore of these will be as nice. Haven't had a RAG since new years eve eve of 1999, but if the new ones are anything like the RASS, I can't wait to get a hold of a few.

The RASS is by far one of my favorite smokes. The flavors are just great. I still have a box from early 98 that just gets better with each cigar. Alas I'm down to just a few remaining smokes.

I too, have to agree with these fine gentlemen. I believe the RASS to be one of the finest robustos made, with some age on it, period. I have some resting for some time now, and they just get better and better.

Ditto regarding the RASS. I understand they have been in short
supply lately and the new releases
aren't quite up to the prior smokes.
Has anyone tasted a recent release
with a 00 box date?

I doubt whether you'll be able to find any from '98. These have been in short supply until recently. I just took a box out of the freezing process yesterday that are from May 01. I had my tobacconist pick me out some with lighter wrappers and these look and smell great. Won't be able to smoke one for a coule of weeks, but they look nice. I have had two others from earlier this year that were excellent right out of the box.

Ramon Allones is basically a boutique cigar and is only made in limited production at different times. So, that's why sometimes you will see them all over and sometimes you won't. Wanna know where you can get some? LMAO E-mail me.

So, your pretty much saying that if I see one of these smokes in a pass I should vulch (err I mean take it?)

It's a pretty much open statement that I would even risk stepping onto the "mooch / beggar etc." platform to try one of these guys.
Mike Leahy
Avitar Center and Contact info!