• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recent Purchase Credit Card Issues

Joebiech

Too ugly for a picture :P
I placed an order a couple of weeks ago and received my package safely. However, this last weekend I received an email from the vendor about charge disputes between them and their card processor. They are asking I reverse the charge and allow their bank to charge me. I am just wondering if anybody else is going through this currently and just want to make sure I am not being scammed.

Thanks

It's not a scam....but...do you want to allow it to happen?
This is being discussed on another board and CP may not be the place for such detailed talks.
The bottom line...the vendors processing company took the money and RAN.
Now it seems if you dispute the charge(which you may or may not decide to do)....he'll then recharge you from his bank.
If you do nothing else, at least close your CC(that's my suggestion). I say this because the processing company is in the wind with your info!

Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one.  It would only seem fair that if the vendor got ripped off by the processing company, I as a consumer should look out for the retailer as I would hope they do for me.  I think I will definitely take your advice about changing the CC info.Edit to add. If possible could I please get a PM on which board this is being discussed? Thanks

It seems like you're being asked to lie to your credit card company - which I would avoid. If you made the purchase and you got the goods you bargained for at the price you bargained for, technically there is nothing to dispute. And remember, simply filing a dispute isn't the end of it. If ultimately you lose your dispute (which is something I'm now dealing with because I got caught in a pissing contest between a car dealership and Avis) you'll be left owing the credit card company for the charge along with whatever secondary payment you set up.

Also, back when you made the purchase the fraud monitoring protections on your credit card may have required you to confirm that you made the purchase (mine always do), to turn around now and dispute the purchase would send up serious red flags.

That is a good point. From my end I received my product and have no problem paying for it. It just seems messed up for the vendor if they got ripped off by their processing company. For them they are down cigars and money. If I dispute the charge, can the processing company (not the vendor) try to fight for the cash?

Interesting topic...I'm sure we will be seeing more of this. Oh...and for the record...I'm in the same boat as you.

CC# has been changed and I think I will be following the advice from members of this board and the advice I am seeing on other boards, which is to stay out of the fight between vendor and their card processor.

Just FYI, I placed an order with this same vendor last Friday and received everything without incident yesterday. So it seems as if they have worked out their troubles.