• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

relative humidity

OahuGrown

i still have my 50ct humi, i have viper beads in the tube he sells them in.
i also have a slim digital hygrometer, if i put the directly in front of the beads it reads 71%-72% but then if i place the meter on of the top layer of singles it reads 70%-69% and then if i place the meter on top of the bottom layer of singles it reads 67%-65%.

is there a way to keep all my cigars a the same rh%? i perfer 68-70 as anything below that gets too hot or anything above that gets a little too bitter.

anyone else experience something like this?

.....anyone else experience something like this?
I sure did...until I quit stressing about a point or two delta, RH wise.... :p

First off, if you haven't salt tested or reference tested your hygro, you're guessing to some degree. Simple as that - they all have slight variations to them.

Secondly, different folks will prefer different RH's; I like to store 65-68% and smoke 60-63%. Point being that a few points of delta "probably" isn't a big deal. As long as you're in the ballpark, and most importantly, your smokes are the way you like them, I'd try not to worry too much.... :cool:

Also - keep in mind that unless you have active air movement (fans) it probably takes a couple of days for things to equilibrate. If you're opening / reading your humi every few hours, you'll drive yourself crazy....

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

.....anyone else experience something like this?
I sure did...until I quit stressing about a point or two delta, RH wise.... :p

First off, if you haven't salt tested or reference tested your hygro, you're guessing to some degree. Simple as that - they all have slight variations to them.

Secondly, different folks will prefer different RH's; I like to store 65-68% and smoke 60-63%. Point being that a few points of delta "probably" isn't a big deal. As long as you're in the ballpark, and most importantly, your smokes are the way you like them, I'd try not to worry too much.... :cool:

Also - keep in mind that unless you have active air movement (fans) it probably takes a couple of days for things to equilibrate. If you're opening / reading your humi every few hours, you'll drive yourself crazy....

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

He is right. I prefer to spend more time smoking and less time worrying about it.

oh ok ic ic, yea i was just wondering, i figured it wasn't anything to worry about and i jsut thought i'd ask, thanks guys

If it makes you feel better, you can get another tube of beads and position the two so you get a better distribution. Also, position the cigars so they have as much access to humidified air as possible.(i.e. don't pile too many on top of one another. My .0000002 cts ;)

i was thinkin of puttin a fan in my humi to circulate the air. im not sure one how im gonna do that though.

i was thinkin of puttin a fan in my humi to circulate the air. im not sure one how im gonna do that though.

Do a quick search for the terms "oust" and "fan"

Wilkey

roger

this is what i was thinkin of doing at first(just the fan with power source) but i didn't know who i'd get the humi to close with a power cord like that.

(Swissy)
IMG_0744.jpg

the oust fan looks like it would work, i'll see if wally world has some, lots of times the walmarts here dont carry the same things as the walmarts in the mainland.

thanks for the idea!

As has been mentioned here, circulating the air is the only way you're going to achieve what you want.