• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Road traveling help Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma/Arkansas

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
I'm going to be trailering a boat south out of Olathe, Kansas (just outside of Kansas City) to Ft Smith, Arkansas where I'll be picking up a second boat and then finish the run south to Houston. I'm debating the best road to take between these two cities trailering a boat.

Can't make up my mind if I should travel south in Kansas on 169 out of Ottawa or 71 south in Missouri out of Kansas City. Anyone traveled either of these roads? Not looking for the shortest route but the best roads considering I'm towing. In other words, open highways are better than in and out of towns, flat is better then hills...etc.

I have the rest of the trip mapped and was hoping someone who has traveled these two roads in that area could give me some insight.

Thanks!

As someone who traveled between KC and Eureka Springs, AR for eight years (at least every other weekend), 71 is the ONLY way to get that far south in the shortest time. It might get a bit hairy from a bit before the Arkansas border until you get into Bentonville, but there have been incredible improvements on the roads south of Bentonville/Rogers.

Edited to say: You will not find a way around the hills in Southwestern MO, Northwestern AR...Sorry

Thanks guys and you were right on the money. Very nice divided 4 lane highway most of the way. Was really surprised. Could have done without the rain Thursday but wasn"t as bad as it could have been.