• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

roasting coffee beans at home

You guys just do it on the grill? Never even thought of this possibility. Would love to try to roast my own some day. Where do you guys get good quality un roasted beans?

You guys just do it on the grill? Never even thought of this possibility. Would love to try to roast my own some day. Where do you guys get good quality un roasted beans?
I was given an awesome roaster by a generous brother here and that's what I use. You can also use a Whirly Pop popcorn maker. You also need a strainer and fan to cool it quickly and blow away the chaf. Don't do it inside ...... it STINKS!

There are several brothers here who can recommend a supplier for green beans. As @Darin said, sweet Marias is one, Burman Coffee Traders is another.

I was given an awesome roaster by a generous brother here and that's what I use. You can also use a Whirly Pop popcorn maker. You also need a strainer and fan to cool it quickly and blow away the chaf. Don't do it inside ...... it STINKS!

There are several brothers here who can recommend a supplier for green beans. As @Darin said, sweet Marias is one, Burman Coffee Traders is another.
Awesome thanks. Think I’ll have to try this out

I’d like to try this out. I have a friend who uses a porcelain pot with a hollow handle for small batches. He roasts over a propane cooker…outside. It will set off your smoke alarm.

You can also use a Whirly Pop popcorn maker. You also need a strainer and fan to cool it quickly and blow away the chaf. Don't do it inside ...... it STINKS!

This made me think of @ParaGod ( last seen July 2012) , Marine/ fireman/California
wildfire fire jumper , whom I herf’d with when I lived in Northern California.

When Mike wasn’t working, he would be in the backyard smoking cigars, smoking a pork butt, and/or roasting coffee beans in a popcorn popper. It was always easy to find his house by the mushroom cloud of smoke over his house!

So yeah, make sure you roast your green coffee beans outside.