• Hi Guest! Don't miss out on this year's Secret Santa event! Sign Up Today!

Romeo y Julieta 1875 Aniversario

H. Vachon

Salty Bastard
No. 2 (Torpedo)
6 1/8x52
Filler: Peruvian, Dominican, Nicaraguan
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Wrapper: Sun Grown Ecuadorian Sumatra

First impressions: This was an absolutely beautiful cigar, guys. The construction was rock solid, the wrapper was super oily and just had an all around premium feel. The draw was perfect! 👌

331BBE98-3D49-42F3-B0C5-993AAF2C38D9.jpeg

I paired it with a Milkshake IPA from Brewdog. It’s sweeter and not super hoppy so it actually went very well together.

In the first third there was a pretty prominent spice to it. I was getting a lot of earthy chocolate notes. The retrohale was a nice leather. The smoke output was pretty impressive even on a windy day.

As the cigar progressed the flavors seemed to remain the same other than the spice fading away shortly before the mid point. This was a medium to full flavor cigar and it packed quite a punch. Despite the beautiful construction, I had to touch it up about four times, but luckily the flavor never suffered from it.

2F5D6796-F305-4326-88D6-01C4FBDCA530.jpeg

Though the flavors weren’t super complex, this was probably one of the most solid cigars I’ve ever smoked. I will definitely be grabbing a 5er or a box to add to my humidor. I would highly recommend this cigar to anyone who enjoys a medium to full flavor cigar! You won’t regret it.

Feel free to comment if you have had a similar/different experience with this cigar! I would love to hear it as well as the names of similar profile sticks!

Cheers!

CgarDan

Good cigar for what it is and for the price. My advice if you like it get a 5er put in your humidor and go on to the next one. If you like medium to full bodied cigars and you can afford it - at least once a week buy something that an owner would recommend from a local B&M for $8plus. You will be amazed at the quality that’s available. This cigar is always available and always on deal no need to invest in a box. Leave the $$ to explore the possibilities out there

H. Vachon

Salty Bastard
Good cigar for what it is and for the price. My advice if you like it get a 5er put in your humidor and go on to the next one. If you like medium to full bodied cigars and you can afford it - at least once a week buy something that an owner would recommend from a local B&M for $8plus. You will be amazed at the quality that’s available. This cigar is always available and always on deal no need to invest in a box. Leave the $$ to explore the possibilities out there
Good thinking! Thanks for the advice!