• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo y Julieta Aniversario Robusto (5 x 52)

MrAnderson41

Cool Story 'Bro!
On the first day after my birthday I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather and enjoy a cigar while watching the sunset last night. I figured I would try giving a review a whirl. I'm still pretty new to Cigar smoking and really this is probably only the third or fourth brand of Cigar I've tried. That being said here I go:

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan and Peruvian

This cigar was really the first one I've paid attention to thing such as construction, firmness, etc. From my what I was able to tell the construction was fair to good. Nothing really for me to complain about but having little experience to compare this cigar with I can't rightfully call it good to excellent. The cigar was much firmer than I expected. I wasn't bale to find a soft spot on this guy. This was also the first cigar that I have lit the "proper" way by toasting the foot and all, and I believe that I made a mistake by getting one side more toasted than the other. This straightened itself out and really didn't pose a a burn problem. The draw on this cigar was relatively tight (probably because of the firmness of the cigar). Ideally I would have liked to have a bit looser draw but it didn't really take away from the experience.

I found the first third of the cigar had a bit of a peppery flavor with a sweet aroma giving way to the base cedar flavor of the cigar. The ash was a nice light gray and did not fall off until first two inches of the cigar were almost burned. The peppery hint was evident throughout the cigar mostly via the finish which always left a bit of spice on the tip of the tongue. Again this was the first cigar I've ever paid close attention to while smoking it so imagine my surprise when I tasted hints cocoa/chocolate for the last third of the smoke.

Overall a nice decent medium bodied cigar that helped me realize that there is more to cigar smoking than the Cohiba Robusto's I usually enjoy. The only complaint I would really have with this guy would be that the draw was a bit tight which made me have to work to get a fair amount of smoke out of the cigar. It should be noted that I bought this cigar at the local shop last week and it was kept in the baggy that the store owner put the cigar in so I don't beleive the draw problems were a result of the cigar being stored with the RH too high.

I hope to get the opportunity to smoke many more cigars and perhaps post more review in the future.