• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Room 101 Company Sold

I really like the Farce Maduro and bought a box recently. I hope they succeed

Had me a Room 101 muzzleloader after reading this. I won't buy from STG if I can help it.

There's nothing wrong with the tabbaco they make. It's my preference to support smaller tobacconists. STG owns a incredible amount of the market and is constantly consuming smaller companies. I have experienced them change some of my favorite cigars after new management took over. Just my take on the tabbaco giant for what it's worth.

STG continuing to buy small good cigar makers out is probably a dream come true for a lot of them. Just keep your finger on the pulse and follow the little guy. Jon Huber, EP Carrillo, Steve Saka, and many others are amongst those who ‘sold out’, then immediately went on to do great things with the money they got from the tobacco giants.

STG continuing to buy small good cigar makers out is probably a dream come true for a lot of them. Just keep your finger on the pulse and follow the little guy. Jon Huber, EP Carrillo, Steve Saka, and many others are amongst those who ‘sold out’, then immediately went on to do great things with the money they got from the tobacco giants.
I had been calling the Pledge an EP Carrillo stick, but I'm just now realizing I'm a dumbass and it is "Perez Carrillo". Is this a son, or a redux of Ernesto's company after selling off to STG?

There's nothing wrong with the tabbaco they make. It's my preference to support smaller tobacconists. STG owns a incredible amount of the market and is constantly consuming smaller companies. I have experienced them change some of my favorite cigars after new management took over. Just my take on the tabbaco giant for what it's worth.

Just wait til you see what Swisher Int is going to be doing the next few years. Gobbling up DE was just the beginning. They're also trying to circumvent the new menthol-ban and introduce people to "nicotine on demand" with their new "Rogue" offerings. One may think, so what does menthol snus have to with anything...

Well, since they bought DE, Swisher is now lumped into the premium cigar space. So any upcoming scrutiny on their other products will include their premium offerings just by default.

And we all know how logical and reasonable the FDA is. 🙄😒 Grr.. I can't stand that premium cigars are associated with all that shit tobacco nonsense!

@Eqwhipped said:
Had me a Room 101 muzzleloader after reading this. I won't buy from STG if I can help it.

That's gonna get harder and harder my friend. Once they bought General, it was all over. Unless you now count Swisher/DE, they're basically a monopoly.
While buying up and comer brands is nothing new, and usually encouraged in a capitalistic free-market, if they don't sell for what STG considers FMV, then they'll just direct .0023% of that month's gross revenue into destroying you.

Most of these smaller outfits usually don't want to sell.. especially to self-assessed valuations. But at the end of the day, they have to eat and it often includes STG retaining many of their employees. To many business owners that's more important.. so it's not really much of a choice.

Oh well.. At least we'll always have moderately priced Cubans to fall back on... 🤔🤥😬😂😒😢

I had been calling the Pledge an EP Carrillo stick, but I'm just now realizing I'm a dumbass and it is "Perez Carrillo". Is this a son, or a redux of Ernesto's company after selling off to STG?
Ernesto sold El Credito and control of the La Gloria Cubana brand, then created EP Carrillo at a new factory. La Allianza, if memory serves. But this was all like a decade ago. So no, you’re not a dumbass at all.

There were a few of 101's cigars that STG had a hand in bringing to market, from the blend to packaging designs.