• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rougue I2PA - Imperial India Pale Ale

Greggj77

I picked up a 26oz ceramic bottle of this bad boy earlier and cracked the bottle last night.

This is brewed at Rogue Ales Brewery out of Oregon.

Appearance - Stupendous!!! a slightly orange hue with a 2-3 finger head

Nose- BIG, and complex hop bouquet.

Taste - This should be at the top of every hop lover's list. The hop tastes comes out in full effect. The malted backbone was hiding just behind and helped to mellow the hops it was not overpowering yet was noticible and in good proprtion. The finish all hops with the slight sweetness of orange in the after taste.

Drinkability - smooth.... From begining to end this was a pure delight.

Only downside I would say is the cost. Paid $13.99 for the 26oz ceramic bottle which I would have preferred Rogue skipped and just lowered the cost.

Overall a great brew and definitely will pick up again when I am in need of a serious hop fix.

If you see it at your local and have the $ definitely give it a go!

I had a Double Dead Man last week. Cost me $11. Pretty bottle. OK beer, but defiantly not worth the dough.

Doc.

Nice review, but I don't see why so many people are into APA's/IPA's, I realize the hops is a natural ingredient which I'm going to taste in my beer regardless, but don't think it should be the major flavor all throughout the brew ... give me a nice Hefeweizen/Wit/Mai/Weiss beer on a hot day to cool off ... and a Nut Brown/Stout/Bock/Dunkel/Porter on a cold day to give my stomach something tasty and appetizingly robust to warm up to! :thumbs:

Nice review, but I don't see why so many people are into APA's/IPA's, I realize the hops is a natural ingredient which I'm going to taste in my beer regardless, but don't think it should be the major flavor all throughout the brew ... give me a nice Hefeweizen/Wit/Mai/Weiss beer on a hot day to cool off ... and a Nut Brown/Stout/Bock/Dunkel/Porter on a cold day to give my stomach something tasty and appetizingly robust to warm up to! :thumbs:

Some people just don't get it. Just kidding with you. :D I also enjoy Hefe's, Browns, Stouts, Porters and the likes but, but when done right an IPA can be a glorious thing. to each their own.