• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RTDA Email Link!

dav1041

Andy Sipowicz
Just got this link on my email. It's pretty easy to compose and send an email to your Senators and the Big man himself! :thumbs: Just enter your zip code and go!

RTDA Action Alert

RTDA's site is simple and easy. I don't think this has a chance of passing, but it's not worth the risk. Please act!!!

Actually, these mass emails simply go to the Senator's office computers and should be responded to with some sort of form response stating the Senator's general position. The letter may contain little information pertaining to this particular subject. Still, if you annoy the people in the office enough, as somebody has to sort through these deals, your Senator might hear about it.

Actually, these mass emails simply go to the Senator's office computers and should be responded to with some sort of form response stating the Senator's general position. The letter may contain little information pertaining to this particular subject. Still, if you annoy the people in the office enough, as somebody has to sort through these deals, your Senator might hear about it.

So, Mr. Lark, are you trying to tell us that online forms don't really do anything (but are still probably better than nothing). What if we called and went on angry, irrational tirades to whoever answer the phone?

In the summer, you will probably have a college student think you are crazy. During the year, you will have a paid receptionist answer the phone and think you are nuts. If you complain long enough, you may talk to somebody who is responsible for that issue in the office and they will probably do what everybody else would do. Can I get a guess what that might be?

Send you a form letter. Sweet.

-Mark

Response from Senator Cornyn

SEN JOHN CORNYN said:
Dear Mr. Beach:

Thank you for contacting me regarding funding for the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) through increased tobacco taxes. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

As you may know, the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) was created in 1997 to address the needs of uninsured children in America. It was designed for families who do not qualify for Medicaid, but cannot afford private insurance for their children. Over the past decade, SCHIP and Medicaid together have reduced the number of uninsured low-income children by one-third.

I fully support initiatives that increase Americans’ access to affordable health care. But, I believe Congress should not rely on budgetary gimmicks or tax increases. Instead, Congress should focus on eliminating wasteful government spending. In fact, the Government Accountability Office (GAO), an independent, investigative arm of Congress, has identified billions of dollars in federal expenditures that are vulnerable to waste, fraud, and abuse. The GAO found that more than 10 percent of SCHIP enrollees are actually adults whose participation in SCHIP is diverting funds from the needs of low-income children. Instead of raising taxes, Congress should strengthen SCHIP by considering the President’s proposal to terminate or reduce the budgets of over 140 inefficient or ineffective government programs.

You may be interested to know that I offered an amendment to the Fiscal Year 2008 budget resolution that would have strengthened SCHIP and would have ensured that it first covers low-income children across the country. In addition, my amendment would have allowed states to continue using innovative strategies to cover low-income children; improve and strengthen the oversight of SCHIP; and eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will keep your views in mind as my congressional colleagues and I consider healthcare funding during the 110th Congress. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

Response from Senator Cornyn

SEN JOHN CORNYN said:
Dear Mr. Beach:

Thank you for contacting me regarding funding for the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) through increased tobacco taxes. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

As you may know, the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) was created in 1997 to address the needs of uninsured children in America. It was designed for families who do not qualify for Medicaid, but cannot afford private insurance for their children. Over the past decade, SCHIP and Medicaid together have reduced the number of uninsured low-income children by one-third.

I fully support initiatives that increase Americans’ access to affordable health care. But, I believe Congress should not rely on budgetary gimmicks or tax increases. Instead, Congress should focus on eliminating wasteful government spending. In fact, the Government Accountability Office (GAO), an independent, investigative arm of Congress, has identified billions of dollars in federal expenditures that are vulnerable to waste, fraud, and abuse. The GAO found that more than 10 percent of SCHIP enrollees are actually adults whose participation in SCHIP is diverting funds from the needs of low-income children. Instead of raising taxes, Congress should strengthen SCHIP by considering the President’s proposal to terminate or reduce the budgets of over 140 inefficient or ineffective government programs.

You may be interested to know that I offered an amendment to the Fiscal Year 2008 budget resolution that would have strengthened SCHIP and would have ensured that it first covers low-income children across the country. In addition, my amendment would have allowed states to continue using innovative strategies to cover low-income children; improve and strengthen the oversight of SCHIP; and eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate, and you may be certain that I will keep your views in mind as my congressional colleagues and I consider healthcare funding during the 110th Congress. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

now thats a someone who i could support. Mine voted in favor :p