• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rum!?!

ConDaddy

Okay so I know nothing about Rum. Let’s just start there. My experience with rum up until this point is Bacardi drinking rum and cokes or Cuba libres in college. Mayhe a Mojito here and there. While at Total Wine today picking up a few bottles of bourbon i figured I’d try something new and picked up the bottle pictured below. It’s amazing!!! What have I been missing? This paired with a Padron 1964 Natural really complimented each other well. Also, rum is cheap!!!!! Way cheaper than bourbon. So I want to explore this a little. Any suggestions of some good sipping rums? Prefer things that are readily available, I spend enough time hunting bourbon this would be nice to get some easy pickups.

Sorry for the punctuation and I’m sure grammar above, I’m typing from my phone and go into text message mode. 30E8A8AB-079F-4091-A42A-F3C32E1AC9E0.jpeg

Awesome thank you will definitely look for these. I know I saw the Zacapa today when I was there.

I’ve noticed since starting with cigars even with bourbons I’ve been drinking for years I get way more out of them now. Flavors I never noticed before are coming out. It’s been fun going through old favorites and figured the addition of rum would be fun as well.

Mu dads favorite sipping rum

Mu dads favorite sipping rum

This is not the Bacardi I have experience with lol

I got this from the spirit pass, @kann and @drunkfish3 both talked about it. I haven’t tried it

I've never had Ko'hana -- I didn't even know it was made right on Oahu! However, I have had Koloa rum, which is distilled on Kauai. I'm not a big spirits drinker, and never really enjoyed rum, but I would absolutely buy the spiced rum, dark rum, and the coffee rum. The coffee rum was incredible.

I've never had Ko'hana -- I didn't even know it was made right on Oahu! However, I have had Koloa rum, which is distilled on Kauai. I'm not a big spirits drinker, and never really enjoyed rum, but I would absolutely buy the spiced rum, dark rum, and the coffee rum. The coffee rum was incredible.

Sorry, I thought you and Chester were comparing notes on it during on one of the herfs. I remove my statement that you recommend it :)

Ron Barrilito or Diplimatico. if you’re new to rums get the least expensive of either. They’re great sipping rums.