• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Saint Luis Rey Serie G Short Robusto Maduro

Nihon_Ni

真喜志友幸
After 268 cigars, I decided it was time for my first review...

large_st-luis-rey-series-g-short-robusto-box.jpg

I've recently been buying robusto sized smokes as I've found I have enough time to get through one of these during my lunch break without rushing them.

I found this beauty at a B&M during a trip to Newport News, VA and it's been patiently waiting in my humi since Feb.

Prelight inspection revealed a dark and toothy wrapper with a nice aroma. I punched this cigar and the cold draw gave me some really nice notes with a long lasting finish from the wrapper. Primary notes of espresso and dark chocolate are coming off the wrapper.

I toast the foot and begin to draw on it, and the espresso notes flower on my palate with the maduro wrapper providing a unusual and long lasting finish. The first third was undoubtedly the best, and the finish began to fade by the second third. By the half way point a bit of black pepper began to surface, and by the last third it dominated. A few times in the latter half I puffed it too quickly and it turned bitter, so patience is key to this cigar. I gave up on it just into the last third as the flavors faded and turned to simple smoky tobacco.

Overall, it's a cigar I'd buy again, but not one that I'm rushing out to buy a whole box. At an average box price of $3.20 each, this is a great little smoke for the money. For anyone who enjoys a maduro, you should try this one if you find it at a good price.

:thumbs:

I like this blend, too. Went through three boxes of the Maduro Rothschild. Give the naturals a try. ;)

Steve

Nice review of a top notch smoke, for just over a Hundred bucks a box you cant go wrong with those bad boys :thumbs: