• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Schlafly Reserve Imperial Stout

mu mike

It's not a lie if you believe it.
I had the 2010 this weekend and loved it! Going to search for the 2011 this week sometime.

I need to search out more imperial stouts (is that the same thing as saying russian imperial stout?) Any suggestions?

North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Bells Expedition Stout

Those are a couple of my favorites

Having the 2011 right now. This is good, but not as good as the 2010 for some reason.

Father time does wonders for most Stouts Mike.

Not sure what breweries get distributed out your way but off the top of my head:

Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin
Green Flash Double Stout
North Coast Old Rasputin
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy (not my fav, but others seem to like it)
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Kern River Class V
Deschutes The Abyss
Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout
Great Divide Yeti series
Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel
Stone Russian Imperial Stout
3 Floyds Dark Lord
The Bruery Black Tuesday
Founders Breakfast Stout
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

Another you might try is Boulevard Dark Truth Stout. As mentioned above the Old Rasputin and Goose Island BCS are great too.

Those schlafly reserve are awesome...took my 2008 barleywine and 2009 imperial stout to a blind tasting and they got 1st and 2nd. I need to get a couple more and age them.

One of our locals had a vertical tasting with 08-11 Barleywine and a couple of vintages of the IS. The 08 Barleywine was my favorite. It had really rounded out into a big malt bomb.

I had a 2008 recently and it had noticeably fallen off...I'd love to try it fresh though. I've heard these are best either fresh or with about a year of age.