• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Searching for Bday present

Joebiech

Too ugly for a picture :P
Hi all

I turn to you fine gentlemen and ladies for advice. I am looking to purchase a bday present for a buddy of mine. He is relatively still new to the world of cigars, but is learning quickly. I am thinking of getting the GOF lighter and cigar set or the 2007 JOURNEY TO CHATEAU DE LA FUENTE SPECIAL. I am asking for any opinion on gift or sampler sets. I know that it would be possible to simply put on together but I am a sucker for aesthetics and feel that a opening a nice box is apart of the experience. Thanks for looking and I look forward to your advice.

Hi all

I turn to you fine gentlemen and ladies for advice. I am looking to purchase a bday present for a buddy of mine. He is relatively still new to the world of cigars, but is learning quickly. I am thinking of getting the GOF lighter and cigar set or the 2007 JOURNEY TO CHATEAU DE LA FUENTE SPECIAL. I am asking for any opinion on gift or sampler sets. I know that it would be possible to simply put on together but I am a sucker for aesthetics and feel that a opening a nice box is apart of the experience. Thanks for looking and I look forward to your advice.

A little much for a newer smoker.

It's a very nice gift....but maybe a higher end sampler and a nice Xikar lighter or something!

Maybe just pick out smokes that YOU like....and share them with him. ;)

Hi all

It's a very nice gift....but maybe a higher end sampler and a nice Xikar lighter or something!

Yeah, this is probably better suited for somebody .... :whistling: ..... already into cigars .... :whistling: ..... who is a fan of the Fuente products .... :whistling: ..... and who's b-day is in .... :whistling: ....... let's say ...... :whistling: ...... two days.

:sign:

:cool:

Hi all

Yeah, this is probably better suited for somebody .... :whistling: ..... already into cigars .... :whistling: ..... who is a fan of the Fuente products .... :whistling: ..... and who's b-day is in .... :whistling: ....... let's say ...... :whistling: ...... two days.

1st class mooch attempt!! Good luck!! ;)

Hi all

How did you know that my birthday is in two days? I can't believe you're going to send me one of those? I can't wait. :laugh:

Thanks for the info. Although he may be green, he already seems to be a fuentes and pepin whore in the making.

As others have said, probably a but much for the novice smoker. I would suggest a nice cutter (Palio or Xikar), decent torch lighter, ashtray and/or otterbox travel humidor. You could probably score most or all of these from one of the vendors here for about the same price as the Fuente/Opus gift set. I think those would be far more useful to the newer smoker.