• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Second Growth Cigars

JBL11183

Lurker
I just got an email fro a b&m I frequent about these cigars. I see that they have a pretty steep price tag, and wondered if anyone has had them before. I am thinking about grabbing a few to try. They have them for $38.00 for singles and $760.00 for the whole box. If anyone else is interested in trying some let me know and I will grab some sticks the next time I am there. Any info on these is appreciated.

PS. You guys might be able to get them cheaper as NJ has one of the highest tobacco taxes.

Are they these things? I've never heard of them... Why the steep price tag? Because their boxes are old wine barrels from France?? Because their marketing targets "wine aficionados?" Seems really gimmicky to me.

When paired with a Bordeaux blends and America wines, Second Growth cigars provide a perfectly synchronized flavor experience. While the wine flavors emanate from the rear or the tongue majestically working forward through the palate, in perfect contrast, the smoke from the second growth cigars begins stimulating the front of the palate imparting its flavors while traveling to the back of the mouth. The rich fruit of the wine prepares the palate for the complex interplay of spice, leather and chocolate notes delivered from this exceptional cigar. At 54 x 7 -3/4 inches in length, Second Growth Cigars delivers Lasting Enjoyment for a luxurious cigar smoking experience.

Are they these things? I've never heard of them... Why the steep price tag? Because their boxes are old wine barrels from France?? Because their marketing targets "wine aficionados?" Seems really gimmicky to me.

When paired with a Bordeaux blends and America wines, Second Growth cigars provide a perfectly synchronized flavor experience. While the wine flavors emanate from the rear or the tongue majestically working forward through the palate, in perfect contrast, the smoke from the second growth cigars begins stimulating the front of the palate imparting its flavors while traveling to the back of the mouth. The rich fruit of the wine prepares the palate for the complex interplay of spice, leather and chocolate notes delivered from this exceptional cigar. At 54 x 7 -3/4 inches in length, Second Growth Cigars delivers Lasting Enjoyment for a luxurious cigar smoking experience.

That's them. It does seem a little gimicky... Anyone ever smoke one?

Search is your Friend!

There's a thread on these.

Thanks!! I just checked out that thread. It seems to have the same info that was listed in the email I got. I guess this is the first release for this cigar. I was wondering if anyone has smoked them. I guess I will be the test dummy and grab a few of them. Hell I have wasted 80 bucks on worse... I am going to try to run to the shop tomorrow. If anyone wants to try them shoot me a pm and I will grab them. I think I am going to post something in the B/S/T section.

I saw a box of these front and center and the salesmen tried to push these on me. I forget the price but they were more than Padron 45th. Definitely looked like a gimmick. Who cares what the box is made out of. Spend that much loot on a start up brand? I learned my lesson during the boom.