• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

(Serious) Tequila recommendations

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
As of late I’ve been noticing a lot of positive attention going towards tequila. I’d like to try tequila as a sipping drink. Unfortunately all of my tequila experience (negative) was college related. I would like some recommendations on a decent bottle to try. I’ve had one friend tell me that her favorite is Espolon Tequila Blanco. Knowing nothing about tequila, what do y’all recommend?

Cabo Waco straight from the freezer. Dangerously smooth!

I'm not a huge aficionado but do like tequila now 'n again for a change of pace. There's always Patron, of course, overrated as it is but I like Milagro quite a bit. Their barrel selects are pricey but under $100, and their regular line tops out at $40 for the anejo.

milagro-tequila-reposado-3_530x.jpg

~Boar

Casa Noble is around 35-40$ and smooth as silk with good flavor

1800 is around 30$, not as smooth but good flavor

It should be noted that I do not know much about mixing tequilas, only shooters and sippers

My wife likes tequila for sipping, and just polished off a bottle of ‘Peligroso’ that she quite enjoyed.

I had a similar experience as others and couldn’t drink it for about 7 years.

These days, I like the Milagro Silver in responsible amounts.

Had an comedian a few years ago request this on their rider and was very strict about having it. Had to order it special back then.
https://www.oldtowntequila.com/4-copas-organic-blanco-tequila/

He would take one shot, go on stage, finish his set and go straight to his limo to his jet and home. SOOOOOOO, we got to finish the bottle that night! And it was amazing!! Like drinking water. Very smooth and relaxing...

Start looking at Mezcal. Del Maguey makes a good range of different aged levels. I prefer the lighter one and can sip it well.

Mezcal producers and mexcaleros (typically) are much more sustainable than tequila and provide for their communities.

Just don't get the one with the worm in the bottle ;)

Start looking at Mezcal. Del Maguey makes a good range of different aged levels. I prefer the lighter one and can sip it well.

Mezcal producers and mexcaleros (typically) are much more sustainable than tequila and provide for their communities.

Just don't get the one with the worm in the bottle ;)
I've been eyeing the Del Maguey bottles for a while now. Sooner or later I'll pull the trigger.

As for tequilas, I don't have much experience but for making margaritas I prefer Sauza and Milagro. For sipping, I have really good memories of Don Julio 1942, but it's a pricey bottle. I have a bottle of Don Julio 70th Anniversary. My buddy swears by Cazadores, but it's not to my taste.

Had an comedian a few years ago request this on their rider and was very strict about having it. Had to order it special back then.
https://www.oldtowntequila.com/4-copas-organic-blanco-tequila/

He would take one shot, go on stage, finish his set and go straight to his limo to his jet and home. SOOOOOOO, we got to finish the bottle that night! And it was amazing!! Like drinking water. Very smooth and relaxing...
$5K on sale for $37.99?