• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Setting up "freezador"

tschoon

Well, the 5 cubic square foot freezer is now converted. I decided NOT to line it with SC but to just use old boxes instead. To setup the RH I am using 2 sandwich size tupperware containers filled with water absorbant florist foam saturated with 50/50 soulution(still waiting for the crystals). I set a glass of distilled water in it along with about 6 empty cigar boxes. After about 18 hours it is at 63 RH.

Does this ound right? I guess all I do now is sit and wait for it to hit 65-70 then start loading OR do I need to wait and see if it stabilizes for a period of time?

Thanks to everyones advise on getting me this far.

Oh yah, I never told my wife about this. She walked by my computer room after work last night and about had a cow!! What's that big white thing in there she said. Took a bit of explaining and talk to get her over it. Called me compulsive!! Me???? Nah................................................

Sounds to me like you're all set to go.

Watch out though, it'll be full before you know it :D

coventrycat86 said:
Watch out though, it'll be full before you know it :D
Tell me about it I just get my 150 qt cooler and it's almost full.
Time for 1 more. :)

Well, it's been 36 hours now and it seems to have stabilized at 65 RH. I slowly added cigars and it didn't drop much but it did recover to the 65 mark. Any suggestions on how to raise it? Or is 65 cool??

blacksmoke.jpg

%65 is cool as long as your meter is calibrated. Have you where did you mount the foam? I would suggest 1 at the 1/3 mark and the other at the 2/3 mark. In my fridge I keep beads at the bottom and beas at the top. Remember that a full humidor is a happy humidor.

Emo

Good suggestion. I currently have both on the bottom floor. I will move one to the middle shelf right away.

I did calibrate the hygrometer and I will let it be at 65 and see how I like the sticks.

Yes, I know about a full hunie.....workin' on it!!!!