• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shipping Question ...

ltjackson

Chive On!
Hey everyone quick question for you,

I recently ordered a desktop humidor/sampler deal from Thompson cigar and I'm asking about the reliability. I ordered this last Sunday and the tracking they sent was a DHL number. From the order right now it's in Orlando ...

I live in north Florida, this company is in Tampa. I'm concerned I haven't received anything in a week's time.

What kind of experience do you guys have with this company? (I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, still learning!)

Shitty cigars! Shitty company! You'll most likely get your order without issue though.

Now you're on their list..... You have a better chance of hiding out from the mafia than them.
You need to look up Isy and Uptown Cigar! One of the retailers that supports this site. He would be more than willing to put a great sampler together of quality smokes.

The only way to get rid of them is to keep telling them that they have the wrong number and that their constant calling a minor trying to sell him cigars is unforgivable.

Noooo!  I was hoping we had gotten through to you.  Friends don't let friends buy anything from Thompson's!  Seriously, hit up one of our locals--the aforementioned Harbor or Beach Castle--or order from one of the guys here like Israel at Uptown.  Thopmson has a nasty habit of spamming the crap out of you and most of their cigars are not good.

edited for terrible spelling

Consider yourself lucky if it doesn't show. You dodged a bullet.

Lol okay then, sounds like I made a typical newbie mistake. Noted!

I'll be going to harbor this week sometime and correcting said error :p

I finally had to send Thompson's a certified letter to get them to stop calling me some years ago.  Good Luck to you!

They haven't attempted to make any contact via phone, at least not yet. Email is another story however.

I can't recommend Isy at Uptown Cigar enough.  Find him or one of our other fine sponsors/supporters/members here and tell them your price range and what you do (or what you don't) like in a cigar.  Hell, my first newb request was something like: "Here's $100.  I don't like cigars that are so strong they make me barf".  

Thompson... FOR SHAME!

Everyone here dislikes Thompson, but I had good experiences with them. I too ordered a sampler/humidor combo, as well as a few cheap boxes of cigars.

I imagine the spamming would turn off people to their company, but I used them while overseas & had no phone.. Problem solved! Haha

The humidor still works flawlessly, Btw, despite being neglected during a few moves.

Well at least that's one positive remark, now maybe I won't completely regret the impulsive decision.

Regardless it's just a desktop humidor and as the collection grows I'll probably end up gifting it.

Everyone's got great stories about Thompsons. Probably devote an entire forum to these guys.
I had to tell them in writing and over the phone several times I moved to Columbia (which of course I didn't)  and to stop calling me. I went as far as storing their 1800# in my cell in case they ever call again I answer in Spanish. This would be funny if it wasn't unfortunately true word for word.