• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shutter Island

Yeahthatsme

Previewed it last night after hours at the theater. Really good stuff, I was impressed. I won't go into the story to avoid spoilers, but if you like suspense/mystery movies then it's right up your alley.

I read the book and it was a great book, i am looking forward to seeing this movie, I am sure Leo plays a great part

It seemed like the kind of book that was so dependent on the plot line that watching the movie would be boring, i.e. knowing all the twists in advance,

was that your perception?

I haven't read the book, but if nothing else the movie is worth seeing for the sets and the filming. It's really altogether well done.

I'm a big fan of scorsese's films, the only thing is I don't really like scary/horror movies, how bad was this one?

It's not really horror, there's like maybe 3 "jump" scenes, and one that's a little creepy. It's more of a mystery movie. There are some bloody people, though, if that bothers you.

It's not really horror, there's like maybe 3 "jump" scenes, and one that's a little creepy. It's more of a mystery movie. There are some bloody people, though, if that bothers you.

Nah blood doesnt bother me, just those cheap scares that some horror movies go for.

I have a really difficult time watching Leonardo DiCaprio act. I tolerated him in The Departed because all the other characters were amazing, but I can't stand his acting. And in "Body of Lies" I wasn't able to buy the fact that a RUssian/German/Italian government operative is able to successfully blend into and operate within the Arab culture without raising any eyebrows due to the color of his skin... Anyways, I am very interested in the story line, and I love the director, but I just can't bring myself to watch Luke Brower playing an investigator.

This is one of the latest movies to come out that I'm actually looking forward to seeing. I think Leo really is a phenomenal actor..... one of the best currently in the biz. His body of work speaks for itself. Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Gangs of New York, Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, Blood Diamond, The Departed.... the list goes on and on. I recently saw Revolutionary Road and this is not my type of movie at all but I thought both he and Kate Winslet were excellent. He also seems to be one of the few celebrities, relatively speaking, that genuinely has a conscience.

Clearly DeVonn, we are destined for a battle to the death with rusty spoons over Leo's acting skills... :laugh: I keeed, I keeeeed!

I do agree with you, he was PHENOMENAL in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. The guy was completely amazing and deserved his accolades for that role!

I have a really difficult time watching Leonardo DiCaprio act. I tolerated him in The Departed because all the other characters were amazing, but I can't stand his acting. And in "Body of Lies" I wasn't able to buy the fact that a RUssian/German/Italian government operative is able to successfully blend into and operate within the Arab culture without raising any eyebrows due to the color of his skin... Anyways, I am very interested in the story line, and I love the director, but I just can't bring myself to watch Luke Brower playing an investigator.

You sir have obviously never seen the amazing grafting/disguising capabilities technology has given us as evident in the movie "Team America - World Police"

Clearly DeVonn, we are destined for a battle to the death with rusty spoons over Leo's acting skills... :laugh: I keeed, I keeeeed!

I do agree with you, he was PHENOMENAL in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. The guy was completely amazing and deserved his accolades for that role!

I say we go with wood. :sign: