• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Silencio Connecticut Robusto Review

joltikintokyo

Hi all,

I am doing a review of a cigar I smoked yesterday. The cigar was a Silencio Connecticut Robusto, which I learned is the Canadian market version of a Cohiba Connecticut from the USA. The cigar is a lighter colour, I think like Colorado. I was told by the lady working at the B&M it is a mild flavour rating.

It was a pretty warm evening and I was in my backyard around 10 PM so it was somewhat dark and quiet (although I live on a busy street so "quiet" is relative). I was on a video chat with my brother.

I did a dry draw and it tasted good. I didn't find any discernable flavour until I lit it and started smoking. The flavour was even milder than I expected, but soon after I started, I was able to note a spicy flavour that I would label as black pepper.

The transition to the second third was less dramatic than usual; most of the time I am met with intense flavour when I light the cigar, and that calms down as I get into the second third, but this time the transition was not as noticeable. During the second third, I was happy to note a sweet flavour that I don't have a name for.

As I reached the third portion of the cigar, two things happened; I began to get nauseous, which isn't really normal for me as far from the end of the cigar as it was, and the usual smokiness and harshness came about. I smoked it for a little longer after reaching the third part, but I put it down a lot earlier than I would most cigars because of the nausea.

Although I got nauseous near the end, I did enjoy most of the cigar, because there were pleasant flavours that I was able to note more easily than usual, and because it was really mild. I am not sure if I will smoke it again because I am not certain of why I got so much nausea, but overall I would recommend it despite it being pretty expensive. I would give it 80 points out of 100. Please let me know what you think of the review and if you have advice on how to improve my reviews :)

Attachments

• 20220831_214731.jpg
    20220831_214731.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 10
Please let me know what you think of the review and if you have advice on how to improve my reviews :)

Rosa, many of us have heeded your many requests for review input. Some members have gone to great lengths in helping you with your reviews.

Maybe revisit some of the great advice you've already received here. Have you read other member's reviews here like advised? I would spend the time from your next few cigars reading reviews by @cabaiguan juan to give you a great starting point.

I do thank you for not sharing anymore of your political based artwork.

As I reached the third portion of the cigar, two things happened; I began to get nauseous, which isn't really normal for me as far from the end of the cigar as it was, and the usual smokiness and harshness came about. I smoked it for a little longer after reaching the third part, but I put it down a lot earlier than I would most cigars because of the nausea.

Although I got nauseous near the end, I did enjoy most of the cigar, because there were pleasant flavours that I was able to note more easily than usual, and because it was really mild. I am not sure if I will smoke it again because I am not certain of why I got so much nausea, but overall I would recommend it despite it being pretty expensive.

You simply took in too much Vitamin N(icotine). It can happen from any cigar, so don't automatically conflate lighter or "mild" with not having strength (in terms of nicotine). As usual, try not to smoke on an empty stomach. I also am guilty of inadvertently inhaling small amounts of smoke on occasion.. usually when imbibing. Try not to do that.

Also remember the sugar trick:

If you start feeling any sort of illness, put the cigar down to rest and consume something sugary.. a full sugar soda is a great way to get sugar into you quickly. If you have actual sugar packets or cubes, swallow one right away and then put a second one under your tongue until completely dissolved. The nicotine was absorbed sublingually and buccally, so fight it that way too. You can always re-light 5-10 mins later if/when the nausea subsides.

I've never had anyone actually go over the "brink" after administering the sugar trick. There's a few ideas on why the sugar works so well, but I don’t know if it's backed by any real science.

Anyway, hope it helps for next time and doesn't dissuade you from trying other cigars.

ETA: Ftr, your reviews are much better now compared to the short vids you posted after joining. 👍

Last edited:
If you enjoyed the cigar up until your world turned upside down, I wouldn't write it off quite yet. Definitely try smoking another and see if you have the same reaction (especially at the same point in the cigar). Keep your blood sugar up before and during smoking. If you didn't enjoy the cigar enough to spend the money on it again, then no harm and no foul. SWYL / LWYS

Thanks for the review.

That was a good review. You have already taken a lot of things people mentioned and added it into your reviews. I / (Everyone) likes it when you take their advise and run with it. That's a great way to get more advise

I agree about the sugar, I know @drunkfish3 drinks a fully Leaded Coke every time he smokes a cigar. Another option is maybe you were smoking quickly since you were zooming with your brother and maybe you got a mouth full of tar? It's more likely the Nicotine but adding another angle.

Rosa, many of us have heeded your many requests for review input. Some members have gone to great lengths in helping you with your reviews.

Maybe revisit some of the great advice you've already received here. Have you read other member's reviews here like advised? I would spend the time from your next few cigars reading reviews by @cabaiguan juan to give you a great starting point.

I do thank you for not sharing anymore of your political based artwork.
A rookie comes in with a review. According to other members, the reviews have gotten better. Said rookie asks for any pointers that may help get them to the next level. Said rookie also states a new aspect of seegar smoking has popped up, and wants tips on that issue as well.

In walks the self proclaimed Encyclopedia Brittanica of everything seegars, AND Pete Johnson's shoe size, and all you have to offer is basically "read more/post less"! YOU feel we've already given enough of our expert advice, we can't be bothered anymore. YOU feel you've extended yourself to such "great lengths" and just don't feel the rookie is worthy of more help?! Apparently YOUR time and expertise are far too valuable to share with someone of suck lowly status! I truly wish I had the ability to hear something once, and remember it forever, after all, this isn't a forum where we communicate back and forth, and if I like interacting, I can.

I do appreciate you squeezing time out of your busy day, to post suck sage advice at 1:30am. How do you find the time? Yet 15 minutes later you offer fair advice and an actual compliment. I fear you're either bi-polar or just, well, just you.

And last, but not least, your classless poke at the rookie's artwork. WTF does that have to do with this post? It's not in this post. And as mentioned by someone I know, if you're smoking Cuban seegars, then STFU!!!! (my words not theirs)

There is no need to respond to me, as you're going back on ignore. No offense, I just don't care to read/skip your posts. It does make the forum much more enjoyable to read. It truly irks me that this rookie is actually trying, hasn't come in here like a know it all, and you come off with this bullshit!? Please, take your own advice, "READ MORE/POST WAY LESS".

Floyd T