• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

simmsboard

tsmckenney

Mick
I doubt many people know this, but one of the MN crew, simmsboard (Joe) went in for double-bypass surgery on Monday. It actually ended up being a triple bypass. I just got off the phone with him and he sounded pretty good. He's currently doing physical therapy 4 times a day to get his legs and lungs back up to strength. Let's all wish our brother a fast recovery. Take it easy Joe, we love you man.

I should also mention that Joe has had some issues since he was younger and this operation should actually make him feel a helluva a lot better day-to-day.

Oh wow, here's for a speedy and healthy recovery Joe!

Good to hear he is doing well, prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

That's some big news and I had no idea. BEST WISHES TO YOU, BROTHER! Praying for a fast recovery Joe!

Get well, Joe! Hopefully you'll be up and around next time I come down. Of course as frequently as I get down there, you'll be up and running in the Twin Cities Marathon by then. :laugh:

joe, wishing you a speedy recovery, maybe we will see you back down this way at the next quad state

I think this whole "heart" issue is just a well calculated ruse because:

A. He just wanted some time to put some age on his OR Anejo's.

B. He wanted some time away to think about his relationship with Khris (Swifty)

or

C. He wanted to spend more time with Joe C. and Abbott Northwestern is right next to his office.

Seriously though, I have been thinking of him all week. All the best, brother.

I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago and he sounds good. Tired but good. He told me that they removed the chest tube today and that made a huge difference, particularly when he's been taking his short walks. I'll be dropping in to visit him tomorrow evening after work and I'll pass along all the good thoughts from CP.

- Tim

Damn, I knew from the pass he was gonna be busy this week, but I didn't think it'd be that kind of busy! I'll be sending good thoughts your way JoeG!

Jeebus Joe, I'm praying for ya man... Get better quickly so you can whoop Mick's ass at baggo! :)

Get well Joe. You gotta be up and running by May so you can make the annual road trip to see Jorge.

Joe I hope you have a speedy recovery and hope to see you soon!

I think this whole "heart" issue is just a well calculated ruse because:

A. He just wanted some time to put some age on his OR Anejo's.

B. He wanted some time away to think about his relationship with Khris (Swifty)

or

C. He wanted to spend more time with Joe C. and Abbott Northwestern is right next to his office.

Seriously though, I have been thinking of him all week. All the best, brother.

Definitely not C. I'll go with B. I'll trade my winnings for a couple vials of Joe's morphine.

Best wishes Joe! Hurry up and feel better so we can check out that cheesecloth some more.

Joe, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Work hard in the rehab. No pain, no gain.

/Lou