• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Site slow to load up (Explorer and Chrome)

louich

The evil snowman
Hi Rod, since thrusday (could be wensday) I have trouble navigating on the site wheter I use Chrome or Explorer. It is actually way slower with Explorer but since I dont use that browser I dont mind lol.

I verified with other sites and forum I go to and all are loading up correctly and as usual.

It happens every time I clic on something (like new content for example). The page show up but nothing works on it and I have to wait for it to be active.

Something I can do with my browser ? Or as CJ said it's my lousy Canadian internet (because we all know that the cable become smaller when you pass the border lol)?

Also the instant messenger tab at the bottom of the screen always reopen when I close it.

Thanks for the help

Your resident snow man

I agree with CJ. :D

I'm planning an update to the software in the day or so. I'm not seeing any slowness. Have you tried using Chrome?

It's been slow for a while. IE mainly.

Also, what's up with the gallery?

It seems fast for me. What's wrong with the gallery? If you're referring to the one category (herfs?) it's a bug that will be resolved.

If you're seeing slowness, then it's most likely due to the search engine. I still need to install Sphinx.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'NO_PERMISSION' in /home/cp/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/comments/bootstrap.php:1433 Stack trace: #0 /home/cp/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/comments.php(139): classes_comments_renderer->redirectToComment(167, 5545) #1 /home/cp/public_html/forums/admin/applications/core/modules_public/global/comments.php(94): public_core_global_comments->_findComment() #2 /home/cp/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(306): public_core_global_comments->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #3 /home/cp/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(120): ipsCommand->execute(Object(ipsRegistry)) #4 /home/cp/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(65): ipsController->handleRequest() #5 /home/cp/public_html/forums/index.php(26): ipsController::run() #6 {main} thrown in /home/cp/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/comments/bootstrap.php on line 1433

I tried Chorme, a but quicker but still way slower than last week. ???

I also have a problem with the gallery but it about size limit (seems like my phone take huge pics lol) or it could be some forum safeguards about canadian photos :cool:

Thanks CJ I knew you would be suportive of your resident beaver mascott ! lol

Gary - if you log out, can you see the gallery?

Gary - your account was being overridden by a group profile with lesser permissions. I fixed it.

There was a bug in the instant message app theme. I changed the theme, so do a refresh while holding down the SHIFT key and the problem should go away. Thanks.

I wouldn't want to smoke the other Maple leaf Doc

It is back and working like it used to !

Thnak Rod nad have a nice week my friend.

Just thought I'd bump this and tell you that the site literally takes minutes to display the "View New Content," both on my computer running Firefox, as well as my iphone 4s.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Is it only view new content that's slow?

Just "View New Content" is slow for me.  Everything else seems to be running at normal speeds.

I had all kinds of problems a couple weeks ago. I use Chrome mostly. Real slow. Seems better now though.
Has anybody tried Maxthon3 ? Some resident chef and Pork Tenderloin whore showed me. Pretty freaking cool

The same resident chef told me about Maxthon also.  I haven't tried it though.

The one feature that I really liked about Chrome is that you can sync all of your bookmarks with your Gmail account.  All my computers have the same bookmarks, I don't have to export/import when I add a bookmark to one computer.