• Update 2/27/21: You can now enjoy live private messaging between members, as well as a live chatroom. These features are mobile ready. Enjoy! :)

Sliding Glass humidor

CBoukal

Long time Newbie
Staff member
I think I know the answer to this but I want to ask anyway. Someone on Facebook has this humidor posted very close to me. Sliding glass doors sounds like a horrible idea, but can it work? is there a way to make this hold humidity or am I right in thinking I should punt?
humidor.jpgHumidor 2.jpg

CigSid

Love this place...
Absolutely no way brother... it would be a battle against nature, and nature will win...

Another thing is the fixed display shelves, no way to put more than 1 box without it sliding off...

jfields

Where did all my money go?
That’s more of a store display humidor Chad. Quick turnover of cigars and easy access for the consumer vs. long term storage and aging. You can probably make it work, but you’ll need active humidification, and a lot of distilled water. I see those from time to time and contemplate it. But, then I think what a pain in the dick it will be always fiddling with it.

CigSid

Love this place...
That’s more of a store display humidor Chad. Quick turnover of cigars and easy access for the consumer vs. long term storage and aging. You can probably make it work, but you’ll need active humidification, and a lot of distilled water. I see those from time to time and contemplate it. But, then I think what a pain in the dick it will be always fiddling with it.
Ha ha.. I beat you to it 😂

CBoukal

Long time Newbie
Staff member
Thanks I appreciate the insight. I was just reading actually and found your same answer in 2008 :)

He wants $750 for it, I told him I'd give him $300 if he wanted to just get rid of it.. I think he is offended so there's that... But your are right, I think I would always be fighting this.

CBoukal

Long time Newbie
Staff member
Absolutely no way brother... it would be a battle against nature, and nature will win...

Another thing is the fixed display shelves, no way to put more than 1 box without it sliding off...
I appreciate your help! I really wanted to pull trigger so I posted here hoping you guys would walk me in off the ledge.

CigSid

Love this place...
Thanks I appreciate the insight. I was just reading actually and found your same answer in 2008 :)

He wants $750 for it, I told him I'd give him $300 if he wanted to just get rid of it.. I think he is offended so there's that... But your are right, I think I would always be fighting this.
Chad, don’t even think about it brother... My good friend had the exact same thing about 10 years ago... we tried everything to get it to work, even took the glass out and made doors... still didn't work 😝 Wasted time and money...

jfields

Where did all my money go?

Honestly, I wouldn’t even pay that for it. I remember looking at that one you’re talking about when I lived in West Virginia back then. I would look at that thing every time I walked in for a few months. Couldn’t really conceive of a way to seal the glass where it would function and not look like garbage.

theorangeman

It reminds of a cabinet style humidor that I had years ago. It wasn't the most well crafted piece of furniture I've seen but it looked nice. The problem was trying to control the humidity. Living in Florida, I finally gave up and sold it.