• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sons of Guns

NorcalMark

Does anyone watch the new show Sons of Guns.

Those guys make and refurbish some really cool stuff.

Did anyone see the machine gun that was used in WW1.

that thing was cool. Although I forgot got the name of it.

It's a great show! His daughter seems a little inbred though :laugh:

I never even heard of it. Sounds like something I would enjoy.

I like it!! The daughter does have a few chiklets that need rearranging, and her acting is terrible. You can tell she is reading straight from a script.

I enjoy the idea of the show but most of the people on there really anoy me.

I enjoy the idea of the show but most of the people on there really anoy me.

Pretty much this.

He is a joke, maybe he is just trying to impress the gun neophytes, but he looks like a fool when he's making it seem like their post-sample guns are the magical hammer of thor.

I loved the episode where he bought a "M203" (40MM) grenade launcher for $1500, but if you looked closely, it was a 37MM flare launcher that sells for under $300.

I stopped watching it on the basis they can't shoot. I mean if you are going to call yourself, "Sons of Guns" then you need to be able to hit a 200 foot barn door standing 1 foot away. I still think they would miss at this distance. :laugh:

It's terrible. I've seen garage-built guns better than theirs.
In fact, a guy I know built an ACTUAL water-cooled M16. Red Jacket made the worst water-cooling rig I've ever seen. The fellow I know actually built a complete water jacket like a Vickers, from the chamber to the muzzle. He likes to shoot Beta mags at MG shoots.

In fact, a guy I know built an ACTUAL water-cooled M16. Red Jacket made the worst water-cooling rig I've ever seen. The fellow I know actually built a complete water jacket like a Vickers, from the chamber to the muzzle. He likes to shoot Beta mags at MG shoots.

That is my point, the show is ridiculous. They go from a temperature of approximately 760 degrees barrel surface temperature (after dumping 3 beta mags) to like 82 degrees on the outside surface of the water cooler after firing 30 rounds. Later on the head guy says that they had a 40% reduction in temperature. I am no sciencelogist, but the methodology and basic arthriticity seem a little off to me. Supposedly they were building this for the "Navy", which is totally insane cause I am pretty sure the Navy would have access to various sorts of light machine guns to fill that exact purpose without all the modifications. Along those lines, the Navy Special Forces guy...I think he tried to sell me some beef jerky at a gun show once.

On a whole I think it is good to have "gun friendly" shows on TV, its just these guys aren't exactly the people I would pick to help spread the idea of responsible gun ownership. I know a lot of it is probably just the normal reality show TV drama, ala Jay and Top Shot Season 2, but I don't know if I would put my reputation on the line for a couple of bucks and some free publicity.

That is my point, the show is ridiculous. They go from a temperature of approximately 760 degrees barrel surface temperature (after dumping 3 beta mags) to like 82 degrees on the outside surface of the water cooler after firing 30 rounds. Later on the head guy says that they had a 40% reduction in temperature. I am no sciencelogist, but the methodology and basic arthriticity seem a little off to me. Supposedly they were building this for the "Navy", which is totally insane cause I am pretty sure the Navy would have access to various sorts of light machine guns to fill that exact purpose without all the modifications. Along those lines, the Navy Special Forces guy...I think he tried to sell me some beef jerky at a gun show once.

On a whole I think it is good to have "gun friendly" shows on TV, its just these guys aren't exactly the people I would pick to help spread the idea of responsible gun ownership. I know a lot of it is probably just the normal reality show TV drama, ala Jay and Top Shot Season 2, but I don't know if I would put my reputation on the line for a couple of bucks and some free publicity.

Here's a pic of a Navy riverine boat.

SOC-R.riverinecraft2.jpg

7.62 minigun, 2 M240Bs, and a 50 cal.

Both of us don't see a need for dual linked M16s with plastic beta mags, so maybe there's red jacket pixie dust in the ammo charge.