• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Southern Draw's 300 Manos Toro: A Pretty Solid Stick

StewNasty69

Well-Known "Member"

Visually it's a pretty enough stick. Smooth and even wrapper draped evenly around a perfectly packed and springy stick. Sniffing the foot has a slight sweetness and just a hint of ammonia. The cap cuts with no effort.

Cold draw: the stick draws perfectly, with just a bit of resistance, and tastes earthy with touches of cream and a hint of nut lingering in the background.

First third: starts solidly medium in flavor and body. Sweet tobacco, earth and cream greet me out the gate. They're separate flavors at first but slowly blend together towards the end of the first third as a touch of cocoa makes itself know. There's a tiny hint of red pepper on the retrohale. The ash holds on solidly for about an inch and a half and will continue to do as much throughout the stick.

Second third: The sweetness leaves the creamy earthiness comes to the forefront as another note starts to replace it that takes me a while to identify. It reminds me of some vague sort of citrus twang that almost reminds of that Cuban twang and, at the same time, is entirely different from it. Halfway through the stick, the peppery note picks up just a touch, while a bit of coffee comes into the party. The blend of coffee and creaminess reminds me of a cafe au lait. Near the end up the second third, it kicks up from a 3/5 to a 3.5/5 in body and flavor intensity.

Final third: by this point, that twangy zestiness has kicked up just a hair and taken the forefront. Notes of creamy coffee hide behind it while the pepper flavors get a tiny bit more intense behind it. Throughout this third, these flavors rotate taking the forefront before a surprise return of the sweetness joining the pepper at the front, right at the end. Ends at a solid 3.5/5 in body and flavor.

The burn needed to be touched up once or twice as I smoked, as it was a little bit wavy, but nothing too bad. I get the impression I was smoking too slow or not drawing hard enough. I normally don't smoke this RG, so it's something I'm still getting accustomed to. The smoke remained cool and approachable all the way down to the nub.

Overall a rather enjoyable stick.

Nice review. I really like most of the Southern Draws I've had. I have not had this one.

Nice review. I really like most of the Southern Draws I've had. I have not had this one.
Thank you! I really enjoy writing reviews; it reminds me that I'm not too shit at writing. This is my second SD that I've tried, the first being the Kudzu, and so far I'm really enjoying them. Go figure, seeing as AJ Fernandez has his hand in it.

Great writeup!

Robert and Sharon can blend a stick, that's for damn sure! The 300 Hands/Manos series is second only to Foundations Charter Oak IMHO as far as an affordable boutique brand line. That can be argued though, both offer really good cigars for the price.

My favorite from SD right now is the Fraternal Order Black that they did with CI a couple years ago.