• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spam the Military

tasman

Just another Squirrel
--- On Sun, 6/1/08, Captain Scott Wright <captainjames04@unimail.mn> wrote:
Subject: Thanks for your mail
To:
Date: Sunday, June 1, 2008, 5:52 AM

Thanks for your mail and for accepting my offer. I apologize for my late reply, it's due to my duty here. Since your last email to me on the month of Sept,2007, i couldn't reply back because my troops were camping at the road to the Iranian border, that makes it difficult for me to check my mail. I have every proof of this transaction only i need your assistance in smuggling this money out of Iraq.
I am ready now to transfer the money to you. I want you to send your banking details to enable me start transferring the money. I will transfer it with the Bank of Baghdad, Iraq. They do International Transfer. I will not send it at once, i will transfer $500,000 on each transfer. I will inform you on what to do when i finally transfer the money to you.
I am giving you all the trust and i believe that with the help of God, we will successfully transfer this money out of Iraq. I am optimistic that I will meet you soonest in your country in other to solidify our relationship.
Please do not disclose this deal to anybody as to protect my duty with the US Marine. I took my picture, my passport which is in attached file below for your confirmation as you requested. It wasn't easy for me to do that but i had to because you requested for it. Remember, your share still remains the same 40% out of the total amount of the money. The total amount of the money is $19.8 million Dollars. I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as possible to proceed.

Thank you very much for your understanding and co-operation.
Regards,

Capt. Scott J. Wright.

At the bottom of this was military I.D. of some guy as a CPT. setTimeout("shrinkImageIfTooWide('image2', 0)", 250);

Most Marines I know write English slightly better than that. Be careful :whistling:

Doc.

Just be sure to share it with your buddies on CP!

These scams work because people are greedy.

Fish

Greedy and STUPID. Greedy can be controlled, but there is nothing to be done for stupid. Doubly stupid when the victim starts spouting that he got cheated by an American serviceman.

Typical scam usually originating in Nigeria. Been going on for a decade now.