• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spanish Cedar

Nickc

I am looking to get some sheets of spanish cedar. Anyone know a place I can get these from?

Thanks,

http://www.rockler.com/

I went in to my local store and found a nice sized board for $25, then took it to my girlfriend's dad who made these spanish cedar shelves for me.

cedar_shelves.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

I have a problem with Rockler, aside from being 20 miles from me, they are EXPENSIVE. I dont think I would be able to afford to even walk in there again.

I am looking to get some sheets of spanish cedar. Anyone know a place I can get these from?

Thanks,

Where are you located? I might be able to direct you somewhere.... I know an awful lot of woodworkers that would know....

I'm in the San Fernando Valley, 30 mins north of Downtown Los Angeles. I have been looking and there is nothing inside the valley. I have to go to Downtown near Dodger Stadium, or Pasadena passed the Rose Bowl.

Also, Im looking for a solid 1 piece of table top 1/4" - 1/2" and 2 X 1/8"tempured glass. I have seen a few from thrift shops, or junk stores, but it is not the correct size, usually there to large. If you happen to know any woodworker that uses glass in there work it would be helpful. I need 3 pieces 2 different sizes.

Woodworkers source ships as well. Their prices are better than Rockler too. They sell Spanish Cedar veneer as well as solid stock.

How thick and how many board feet do you need for your project?

Ebay is good sometimes... gotta be careful and not need it in a hurry though.