• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stacking cigars in a Large humidor

theebug

BOTL,

I have a very large humidor.http://www.tampahumidor.com/humidors/pienza-cherry-cabinet-humidor-%28300-021%29.php that I used to consolidate my multiple humidor/coolidors/wife's china cabinet into. The best part was it was her idea.

Anyway, I have been mostly laying the cigars out on the shelves and have found this to be inefficient. Since I no longer have most of the cigar boxes the cigars came in and do not really want to play cigar Tetris on the shelves, has anyone come up with stacking shelves or containers?

I could go to my local B+M and buy a bunch of similar cigar boxes but I would much rather have a discussion here. It is always more interesting and lively.

Have at it.

Contact WaxingMoon about building some custom stacking shelves. Once If he delivers a functional product, you can send payment to Josh to reimburse him for the busted humidor.

.....or better yet, contact GolfNut.

How many sticks do you have that won't fit in the drawers?

I would think you are only looking for a temporary solution to a temporary problem. Eventually, you'll buy enough boxes to accomodate your stash.

Maybe some tupperware storage containers in the meantime. I don't imagine you want to make any wholesale changes to your Humi.

Edit: spelling

I agree with Broblues. I have the same humidor you do and most of my singles go in the drawers and everything else is in boxes.
a69362ef-5923-7db4.jpg

I would go to your local B+M and buy a bunch of similar cigar boxes. But, that's just me......

Thanks for the really quick responses.
GoTee 7, I applaud you on your tetris work. Have you had any issues with humidification getting to the cigars?

I have filled all of the drawers with Cigars already so I am left with filling the shelves. Right now all of the cigars are loose and I just wanted a little more organized look.
The was wondering about using Tupperware if the humidity would circulate as well. Was trying to stay green (wood or cardboard).

Thanks for the Wineadors link, some very interesting designs. The Ammo shelves may work well.

Thanks for the really quick responses.
GoTee 7, I applaud you on your tetris work. Have you had any issues with humidification getting to the cigars?

Thanks! No issues at all. I have a cigar oasis at the bottom and it constantly blows air threw the humi. I am planning on getting some humi beads as well in the next couple weeks.

One thing that helped me was adding the additional fans on the DC ports. I put one all the way in the top and one in the middle. I also put hygrometers in the bottom middle and top so see the differences. I usually have a +/- humidification difference of 4 % (Bottom being wettest and top being driest)

I also took out the green humidification stuff from my Oasis and filled it with Crystal Kitty litter (Cheap beads) so it holds a lot more water. I usually only have to fill every 4 months

You can get inexpensive cedar trays for $9.99, they are stackable and hold a ton of cigars. I have six in my cabinet for single cigar overflow. In a pinch you can get plastic trays for even less, they stack just as well.

Edited to add, if you look at my gallery pictures you'll see the plastic trays in action on an old picture.

You can get inexpensive cedar trays for $9.99, they are stackable and hold a ton of cigars. I have six in my cabinet for single cigar overflow. In a pinch you can get plastic trays for even less, they stack just as well.

Edited to add, if you look at my gallery pictures you'll see the plastic trays in action on an old picture.

Where can you get some trays? I got quite a number of loose ones that I'd like to group together. TIA