• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

State of the Brand: Tatuaje

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
http://thecigarfeed.com/?p=4204

That’s all Pete was willing to share with me currently, he is sort of busy right now, haha. I’ve mentioned Tatuaje in regards to the constant (and seemingly pointless) discussion of “boutique” cigar companies and I’ve said that I don’t consider them to be a “boutique” because of the amount of cigars produced. That all being said, I’ve been on the record about how Pete runs the company like a boutique and something like the P Series only proves that in some regards, Pete sets the standard. Pete not only spoke with his end-users, but explained the difficulties he had in bringing what they want to market – and then he made a decision to give them what they wanted. For that, all one can say is, “gracias.” – el niño diablo

Not sure if I agree with the direction of Tatuaje but Pete sure does pump out more cigars than Rocky Patel now. I just wish I saw the consistency of his older brown labels in his new releases.

So to my questions:
What are your plans for the 2011 releases of Tat?
Do you plan on chasing them?

http://thecigarfeed.com/?p=4204

That's all Pete was willing to share with me currently, he is sort of busy right now, haha. I've mentioned Tatuaje in regards to the constant (and seemingly pointless) discussion of "boutique" cigar companies and I've said that I don't consider them to be a "boutique" because of the amount of cigars produced. That all being said, I've been on the record about how Pete runs the company like a boutique and something like the P Series only proves that in some regards, Pete sets the standard. Pete not only spoke with his end-users, but explained the difficulties he had in bringing what they want to market – and then he made a decision to give them what they wanted. For that, all one can say is, "gracias." – el niño diablo

Not sure if I agree with the direction of Tatuaje but Pete sure does pump out more cigars than Rocky Patel now. I just wish I saw the consistency of his older brown labels in his new releases.

So to my questions:
What are your plans for the 2011 releases of Tat?
Do you plan on chasing them?

Pete's a bully.

The cigars can be pretty nice.

Whether you like his stuff or not, you have to give it to him. He does a great job marketing his product. The only ones that I seem to get my hands on are the red and brown labels and I havent smoked a lot of them lately. I did grab a 5 pack of the Black's a few days ago so I am interested in seeing how those compare. As far as hunting down his LR stuff, no. If I come across them by chance then I'll probably throw some coin at them but until then.

If it wasn't for Don Pepin Garcia, we'd have never heard of this guy. We here at CP have a unique insight into what sort of person Pete Johnson is. We probably did more that any other cigar board to promote his products and he returned the favor by stabbing us in the back. You can look it up.

Doc.

I don't chase cigars anymore. Period. I can buy all the fancy Padron's I want, and don't have to kiss anyone's ass to do it.

Sure, if a box falls into my lap, that's one thing, but chase...?? Not happening.

I don't chase cigars anymore. Period. I can buy all the fancy Padron's I want, and don't have to kiss anyone's ass to do it.

Sure, if a box falls into my lap, that's one thing, but chase...?? Not happening.

Right on. Rod should change the name to PadronPass. Cool them jets, jk.

I won't chase the special releases. They just haven't been worth the effort for me. Expensive, and unknown. Most I haven't liked, and none liked any more that the Brown or Red Label. You can't take time to try before you buy, which is not a position I want to put myself into with $200.00 to $300.00, or even more. I'll just stick with my known favorites, and leisurely try the others if it doesnt require refreshing like a madman, or calling on autodial etc.

Every hobby preys on emotions. I refuse to be manipulated.

If it wasn't for Don Pepin Garcia, we'd have never heard of this guy. We here at CP have a unique insight into what sort of person Pete Johnson is. We probably did more that any other cigar board to promote his products and he returned the favor by stabbing us in the back. You can look it up.

Doc.

Hey Doc,
Could you point me in a direction on this. I'm a little curious'

I am not buying tats until he produces the EL Tatuaje Beedog Deluxe for a special holiday release on Steak and BJ day.

That's pretty much how I feel about GOFs . . . never disappointing, almost always available. It's great when something unusual or rare does come my way, and my local B&M gets on well enough with Pete that I usually manage to get fivers of most of his stuff, same as they take care of me on Anejo and other AF releases.

Padrons are actually a little harder. Apparently they pissed "Mrs. Padron" off once by putting her on hold, and the supply chain's never been the same. :rolleyes:

~Boar

I am not buying tats until he produces the EL Tatuaje Beedog Deluxe for a special holiday release on Steak and BJ day.
Fuck yeah! Where do I sign up for your newsletter. Steak and BJ day should be a national holiday. It should be the day after valentines day!

Doc.

Hey Doc,

Here is one of the reasons.

Fuck yeah! Where do I sign up for your newsletter. Steak and BJ day should be a national holiday. It should be the day after valentines day!

I'll send you a Hallmark card.:rolleyes:

Doc.

Doc.

Hey Doc,

My search skills are indicative of my age. A good place to start would be the vendors forum.

Doc.

I won't chase the special releases. They just haven't been worth the effort for me. Expensive, and unknown. Most I haven't liked, and none liked any more that the Brown or Red Label. You can't take time to try before you buy, which is not a position I want to put myself into with $200.00 to $300.00, or even more. I'll just stick with my known favorites, and leisurely try the others if it doesnt require refreshing like a madman, or calling on autodial etc.

Every hobby preys on emotions. I refuse to be manipulated.

Hmmm, that's not what I've heard. ???

Seriously though I agree with Dan. I'll stick with the Brown Label's and not do the chase thing. I did though enjoy "The Face". I was able to procure a few and they hit my sweet spot nicely.

That's a filthy lie perpetrated by the internet. The original date was 3/20.