• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sterilizing humidor that had moldy cigars?

Smokemorestressless

Hello,

Found a great deal on this schmecke hunidor. The guys picture shows some really moldy cigars, an Oliva and 4 nore behind it.

Nothing is worth jespordizing my collection. The fear is there will be spores all through the cooling system passageways and fan, and my gut says not worth the trouble.

Is there any good way to kill the mold in this thing, or would you just recommend to pass in it? Screenshot_20230218_094813_OfferUp.jpgScreenshot_20230218_094801_OfferUp.jpg

I totally get your concern about the mold in the humidor. Moldy cigars are a big no-no. Here's what I'd suggest:First, give the humidor a good inspection. If the mold is only on the cigars and not on the interior walls or components, you might have a chance to salvage it.Take out those moldy cigars, throw them away, and clean the interior with a mix of distilled water and isopropyl alcohol (about 50/50). Wipe it down, let it air out, and repeat if needed.But here's the deal – if you're unsure about the cooling system and fan having mold spores, it's better to be safe than sorry. Consider a professional mold inspection, just to make sure there's no hidden issue.

Last edited:
Yrp

Let distilled water and nano silver circulate for several days and wipe it down and you should be okay.

My bigger concern would be if this guy is dumb enough to post those pictures, what else could be wrong?

Last edited:
That justindickens was reported a year ago for the ol' post and go back and edit in a spam link ploy.