• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stock Contest anyone?

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
http://game.marketwatch.com/Home/default.asp

Hey Guys,
would anyone be interested in a small (no-risk) stock trading contest?

Found this site online that will set you up with a set amount of fake $$, then let you use it as if it were real $$ on the stock exchange (it gets reg. updated and is free to use).
They have a feature where you can set up a competition between your friends.

I am proposing that we start a CP "Stock-a-thon" competition:

-Give each of us a set amt. of $$ to deal with. (am thinking $25k, but another amt. can be suggested.)

-set a time limit of 2 (or so) months.

-whoever has the most $$ at the end of the time frame wins.

then the loosers will send the winner 2-3 cigars. (we can decide if they will be medium $$ sticks, high-end, or all ISOM). if anything, it will be a great wayto check out the market w/out potentially risking a large sum.

-post here if you want it in,
PM me with any Qs.

LIST:
(these guys for sure want in, anyone else, I am not sure of.)

1.Me
2.Fast4Dr
3.geldor1
4.gamelover2004
5.rknicker
6.Muley
7.Ivan37
8.gawntrail
9.gunpowder

(am thinking 10 people is a good number to use. (If there is enough interest, we can always start up a second one for 10 people)

would pref. like to get this going w/in a
week.

oh yeah, Dave if this is in the wrong forum, please move it (not really sure what this would go under)

Kind of reminds me of one of my classes at A&M years ago... We played the 'Futures' market. 1980-1981.. The Hunt's tried to corner the Silver market and we were on it like flies on $hit. Then bailed out right before they got busted. :) As far as I know, our profit margin (several hundred percent) still stands as a record...albeit was all fake $$ ???

Horse said:
Kind of reminds me of one of my classes at A&M years ago... We played the 'Futures' market. 1980-1981.. The Hunt's tried to corner the Silver market and we were on it like flies on $hit. Then bailed out right before they got busted. :) As far as I know, our profit margin (several hundred percent) still stands as a record...albeit was all fake $$ ???
so are you in or not? :p

I'll do a futures one but I can never pick stocks.

Kinda like how everyone always wants me in a poker game, cause I always lose :p

Hey sir-drinks-a-lot, (aka sir-smokes-a-lot) when's YOUR 1000 post contest gonna start?

don't know if I'm gonna do one.

kinda want to, but did one at 900, and I am sure Moki and I will reach at the same time.
hmm, might do a scavanger hunt type thing, like w/ the tie-breaker, instead.
will think it over.

:thumbs:

CC, no futures on this one, I like to work w/ what actually happens, not what pork might be in 3 mos.

Anyway, you can trade/buy/sell short stocks and mutuals on the SP500, Dow Jones and the NASDAQ.

can't tell if there's nine or ten yet. if you have room, and will have me, I'll join in.

I'm in if you'll have me.

Sounds like a way to 'bounce' some ideas without risking any $$.

What are the rules?

M. Gipson :)

gawntrail said:
What are the rules?
Yeah - we should probably figure out what the winner should be sent pretty soon as some might not want to participate if it's 2-3 of anything and some might not be able to participate if it's 2-3 ISOMs. Personally, I say we should send the winner 1 ISOM and 2 premiums.

I llike that prize Idea.

The Winner will recieve 3 top end premiums/ISOMs from each loser. there must be at least one ISOM though.

some examples of premiums, Opus', Diamond Crown's, Trinidad (domestic), Zino Platinum Scepter series, Davidoff's, etc... anything really along these lines, if you have a Q about a sticck PM me to check.

THE RULES:

- HE WHO ENDS WITH THE MOST, WINS! (ABOUT ENOUGH TO KEEP HIM SMOKIN' GOOD FOR A MONTH)

-this contest will start this coming Mon.

-It will run for a period of 2 months.

-Each player/firm/company will be given $25 000 in fake money.

-This event will take place on www.virtualstockexchange.com.

-The prices get updated every 20 min. or so.

-It opens when the U.S. market does and closes when the U.S. market does, so no after-hours trading can be done by us.

-You can use the cash as you can in almost every way you could on the real stock market, with your cash you can:
---Buy
---Sell
---Sell Short

-Any stock on the S&P 500, NASDAQ, and Dow Jones are up for grabs. You can also deal in Mutual Funds.

-You cannot buy more shares than what a company actually has. So, if Company "A" has 1000 market shares, you cannot own 1250 shares of the company.

-Stocks/Shares have to be over $2 each, so you cannot deal with any stock wrth less than $2.

- There is a $30 broker's fee per action.
so, you buy stock, they charge you $30
you buy more of the same stock 3 min. later, another $30 fee.
so I wuld not recc. jumping in and out of stocks often as you will loose a bunch of cash that way.

Other than that, I think that covers it all.

Please send me an e-mail at:

maikureoporudo @ hotmail.com

with your name, addy, and I will set it up later this week.

remember, as Gorden Gekko said, "Greed is good."

Required ISOM: in that case, unfortunately, you'll have to count me out. Sorry fellas.

Mulry, Bro, please stay in.

would not want to exclude someone b/c of weather or not they had an ISOM, in the event they lost. I am sure if you include 3 primo sticks, no one will care, heck, I'll send 2 ISOMs from my end in case I loose if someone really wants it.

you're still in as far as I am concerned Bro.

p.s. shameless plug, have a 1000th post contest, am nearing it, all you have to do is post the time and date, and ans. 1 question
(really just #5, as the rest have been found out already and you just have to cut and paste.)

I promise you will like the prize.

Im interested but do not have the experience probably needed. I own 1 mutual fund and have some ideas on a few stock but not sure I have the time to commit to the research needed to kick your butts :D

Also 2 months seems allfully short for those who have been tuaght to buy for the long haul.
I have plenty of PAM's but am short handed on ISOMS but would be willing to buy from one of you guys to fulfill my end but hey....You guys would be sending to me right :p