• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Store the Cigar

Abdulghani Bushnaq

Good Day,

I am Cigar novices and i live in hot and humid area, the temperature in the summer time is between 104 and 122 Fahrenheit, and humidity In August reach to it max with 80%.
What is the best way for me to store my Cigar?

Good Day,

I am Cigar novices and i live in hot and humid area, the temperature in the summer time is between 104 and 122 Fahrenheit, and humidity In August reach to it max with 80%.
What is the best way for me to store my Cigar?
Good grief, where do you live? I would suggest you do research on wine fridges. They would be your best option. Plenty of information in the humidor section of the forum. Also, if you plan to stick around post an intro thread.

Really appreciate your fast reply, my name is Abdulghani and I live in Saudi Arabia and i think it's not possible to find wine fridge ,plus I was thinking of lower cost solution and smaller size since I don’t have huge collection of Cigars a matter of small box size QTY.
But if something like wine fridge idea will work perfect to store the Cigar, I can manage to find small Cigar humidor and/or buy electronic humidifier.

Welcome to the forum then, hope you stick around. They do have some smaller wine fridges that can be had for cheap, say big enough to fit 8 bottles of wine or smaller. Do a search of Amazon or other marketplace to see if you find one you like. If a small desktop humidor is more to your liking, find a cool spot in the house to place it in and place a couple of Xikar humidification pouches in there. They are good because they will also soak up moisture when the humidity is too high. Best of luck.

Welcome to the forum then, hope you stick around. They do have some smaller wine fridges that can be had for cheap, say big enough to fit 8 bottles of wine or smaller. Do a search of Amazon or other marketplace to see if you find one you like. If a small desktop humidor is more to your liking, find a cool spot in the house to place it in and place a couple of Xikar humidification pouches in there. They are good because they will also soak up moisture when the humidity is too high. Best of luck.

Just to point out what might not be obvious, I would imagine products that involve alcohol are going to be difficult to source in countries that ban alcohol. If wine can't be consumed, I doubt there is a big market for wine fridges in Saudi Arabia.

That being said, Oke's point is perhaps find a small fridge that can keep temps at 70 degrees F and look into Heartfelt beads or Bovida packets for humidity control. Read through the humidor section of this forum to learn what others have done.

And lastly, go ahead and make an introduction post in the new member forum if you plan on sticking around. Good luck!

This is such an interesting problem. For most of us, humidity outside is lower than desired, not higher. Anyone have the problem of higher humidity than desired outside their humidor? I'm curious, do you try to dehydrate your beads or your pouches and then put them in the higher RH humidor to lower it? Beads and pouches work both ways, but it's just really mind-boggling to me.

Abdulghani, your biggest problem is going to be temperature. You can find a way to lower the relative humidity in a humidor, but temperature is really rough on your cigars. You want them at about 70 degrees. Anything above 75-80 risks cigar beetles. Do a little searching on cigar beetles to see what comes up, though perhaps they'd die in the 120 degree heat...

Good questions Abdulghani!

If all else fails, put the cigars in the smallest room you have that also has a window, and use a portable Air Conditioner. I had to do the same due to a medical issue that requires I sleep in about 65 degrees. Worked out serendipitous for me. Just get one with more than the recommended BTU's because it is, a "conditioner" not a cooler, per se.
All that said, people smoked and stored cigars, as in Cuba, for a very long time prior to cooling technology.

Last edited:
...use a portable Air Conditioner. I had to do the same due to a medical issue that requires I sleep in about 65 degrees. Worked out serendipitous for me.

syT3iHh.jpg

Thanks to all for the reply and suggestions, I find something like this on amazon and I don’t think it will be an issue to export it to Saudi.
1-
https://www.amazon.com/Whynter-CHC-120S-Stainless-Cooler-Humidor/dp/B00KO95RVO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_121_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41t05DYtLXL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR117,160_&psc=1&refRID=7WAGY04KFYD0KFZEP5GP

2-
https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Chef-M...F8&qid=1468476633&sr=1-4&keywords=Wine+Cooler

First option is the ideal one.
Second option is cheaper but do I have to add any other preservation or I can use it as it is?

Personally, I think you would be better with the second option. Not only is it cheaper, but it's also larger. I don't know what the "humidity tray" they mention in the first one is, but you can easily provide humidity to the second one with Boveda packs, beads, or a combination of the two. The only thing you're really missing by getting the second one is the cedar shelves.

Personally, I think you would be better with the second option. Not only is it cheaper, but it's also larger. I don't know what the "humidity tray" they mention in the first one is, but you can easily provide humidity to the second one with Boveda packs, beads, or a combination of the two. The only thing you're really missing by getting the second one is the cedar shelves.

Agreed.

Both are Thermo-electric which is key, and will work exceptionally well in your climate. The hotter it is, the better the unit can cool.

Got a question my humdior hasn't been over 75temp and today I found out of my 98 cigars this any opinion on these 4

Attachments

• 20200701_065918.jpg
    20200701_065918.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200701_065725.jpg
    20200701_065725.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200630_151901.jpg
    20200630_151901.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200630_151724.jpg
    20200630_151724.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200630_151714.jpg
    20200630_151714.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 12
Temp is only half the story.
Relative humidity is dependent on temperature, so you have to have an accurate way to measure both.