• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strange Issue

Yeahthatsme

So I was smoking at my local shop today, and decided to have a Shark. I lit it, most of the way, there was a small semi circle of leaf that wouldn't burn. I thought it would just even out so I went on smoking, noticing that the flavor was quite off. When I ashed the first and every subsequent time the same semi circle of leaf was still unburnt, it was charred and brittle but wouldn't burn. This went all the way through cigar until I chucked it with about 2 inches left. The flavor was bad, the smell was way off, it was really just terrible. Anybody ever experience something like this?

Yep. I had one that was just terrible, and it was an 07'.

PS- Consult The Almighty Cigar Jesus or one of His Disciples for additional guidance...

I had a very similar experience the other day with an anejo #50. Was pretty upsetting because it was my first anejo. The tobacco on part of the cigar was just turning a dark black, but not burning. I know i shouldn't write off anejo's because I have heard great things, but paying that much for a stick was kind of disappointing.

Although it's not happened to an Anejo for me, I recently had the same thing with a Baccarat. It started about a inch in and because it was dark, I kept trying to touch up the cigar. I saw the burn circle around it and it wouldn't want to ash. I ended up torching the wrapper for a good 1/2 inch until it fell off. It smoked fine after that.
I don't have that much experience about this, but I sure hope it wasn't a dried bug on the leaf. Aaak!

I just finished and Anejo 77. It was very good.

The wrapper and binder were slightly slower than the filler, but not enough to annoy the hell out of me.

I have only had a few of these, mostly last years release and I have to say they were all great smokes.