• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stuff Happens...Or Doesn't

GilV

With respect to the Survivor Pass I know that sometimes passes don't get off for one reason or another. Most of the time it is not a reflection of the person starting the pass it just happens or in this case it doesn't happen. Now my concencept was to surround the pass with a little mistery so on purpose I did not put out too many details. I only posted periodic messages to gauge the interest on the pass. The thread got over 300 viewings in less than 30 days!I already had the eight contests for the pass and a web site designed to go up on April 1 (no April fools day joke here) but as you know I only got two people to complete the application. Like I explained on another post, I asked for the picture at a different time and only gave people a few days to "complete the task" as a first test of participant's willingness to "go through the paces" of participating on this special "pass". The fact that I only got two responses in time indicated that people were too busy with other things and that they would not have been good participants so I decided to cancel the pass (for the moment).I don't think bad of our members, nor do I think they may prefer other passes intead of ours. The fact that another site copied my idea only means that it is a great idea for a pass. I simply think time/circumnstances were not right for this pass at this time on this site. That is all. I am not angry nor mad a little dissapointed but that's to be expected. If I wasn't that would mean I don't care and I do. If my thread (or the title) "Survivor Pass- A Big Flopp" seamed a bit bitter I appoligize it was not intended to be a self pitty or naging post.I think we have the best cigar related site by far, I think our members are be most courteious and are willing to do a lot to make passes succeed. I have seen too many posts of people doing their best to keep passes going, to put more than what they take, to repair beat up boxes and replenish credos, etc. In other words our people care, they care about cigars, they care about cigar passing and they care about the people who start and participate in a pass. To all who submitted applications , thanks. To those who also send in their pics, two thanks (and some cigars) :)To all who make this site the sucess it is, an even bigger thanks. Without you this would be a vast dessert.Will I try to revivie the pass? Maybe ....just not any time soon.:cool:

I am very sorry that this one didn't make it.(I am to blame as much as anyone else since I never completed my app either :( ) Never fear though it will not happen again and I hope that those great pass ideas never stop flowing! :) After all there are many great cigars out there but there not awsome until you shear with a friend :biggrin:

Very well said Gil. It was a very interesting and intriging pass. Hope to see you revive the pass in the future. Good luck to everyone and their passes!- Rod

Hey Gil,
You have to consider that you are dealing with a bunch of "outlaw's" here, we can't afford to have our pictures distributed around the world........Good job as usual Gil, like you said S--- Happens!