• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Super bowl snacks

Flankers

I drew the short stick this year and have to host a superbowl party for my friends who are animals. I need some good recipes for snacks for this event

Wings, nachos, chili etc.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

-A

NACHO SAUCE
1 box velveta
1 1/2 moon of Cheddar cheese
1 lb hamburger (fried)
1 jar salsa (mild/medium or hot)
Jalapeno rings (optional)

Cube velveta and Cheddar and put everything in crock-pot. Melt and chow down.

LITTLE SMOKIES

2 pkgs of little smokies
1 bottle chilli sauce
1 small jar grape jelly
combine all in slow cooker and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until heated through

Hit up McD's for 50 piece chicken nuggets or subway for thier platters. Quick and relatively cheap.

OK newb here's the deal...

I'm going to give you a recipe for my famous wings that will make you look like a hero. You remember me in your will OK?

Here goes.

Get some wings, cut the tips off and save them for stock.
Cut the other into two pieces.
Put 2 to 4 cups all purpose flour into a bowl season with salt and pepper
Get some shortening and melt into a big skillet, about 2 inches
Dredge the wings in the flour then place into the hot shortening
turn when one side is browned

While the wings are frying

Place a bottle of your favorite Louisiana hot sauce (I like Red Rooster) in a saucepan with some butter. This is the part where you can control the heat, the more butter the less heat.
Simmer the sauce on LOW until the sauce and butter is incorporated then turn off heat.

When the wings are done GBG( golden Brown and Delicious), put the wings into the sauce, about 5 at a time into the sauce.

Place on a plate, when all the wings are coated
serve with sliced celery sticks and Bleu cheese dressing.

You will be the belle of the ball, trust me!
It's really easy and tasty

I'm going to give you a recipe for my famous wings that will make you look like a hero. You remember me in your will OK?

Here goes.

Place a bottle of your favorite Louisiana hot sauce (I like Red Rooster) in a saucepan with some butter. This is the part where you can control the heat, the more butter the less heat.
Simmer the sauce on LOW until the sauce and butter is incorporated then turn off heat.

When the wings are done GBG( golden Brown and Delicious), put the wings into the sauce, about 5 at a time into the sauce.

I may have to try this. Whats the cutting off the tips all about? They don't go anywhere?

Tryed the recipe yesterday with excellent results! But it can be messy to make, and to eat! lol Oil temp is key to the whole process I think. That and food temp. I don't think its a good idea to toss really cold chicken into really hot oil, so I let mine sit a little while I tested the oil to get it just right. They all came out cooked perfect and delicious! Perfect for celebrating my Packers win! :)

Go to Costco, Sam Club or BJs and get all the party platter stuff from there. Most of the stuff is microwaveable. No fuss no muss!

Here goes.

I've been on a wings kick dude. We should do a super bowl herf if I can get the day off!!

How are your kitchen Skills? How much time and effort are you wanting to put forth?

Ruben Egg Rolls

I usually play this one by ear...

Corned beef, sliced or cubed
1 Can Bavarian style sauerkraut, drained
Swiss cheese, slice or cubed
1 tsp Caraway seeds
Egg roll wrappers
Dipping sauce of your choice

Heat the kraut and add Caraway seeds. Heat 1/2 inch or so of oil in a medium skillet. Remove Kraut from heat. Add equal parts corned beef and cheese into egg roll wrapper (I find it best to use two wrappers per roll to give a more stout roll), spoon in kraut. Fold wrapper over, making sure to tuck the ends and fry with folded side down then roll to browned on all sides. Make sure to watch the heat of the oil as you don't want them to burn.

Asian Chicken Rolls with Plum Suace

1/2 cup scallions
6 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1-1.5 lbs boneless skinless Chicken , cubed
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
1 egg, seperated
1/2 can chopped water chestnuts
1 sheet puff pastry
White and Black Sesame seeds

Sauce-
1/2 cup plum jam
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Ketchup ( absolutely do not use Catsup!!!!)
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Dash of Salt and Pepper

Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax).

Mince Scallions, half of the Cilantro and ginger in a food processor. Add chicken, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and egg white; pulse to coarsely chopped and fold in water chestnuts. Set aside for now. Roll pastry into an approximately 14 inch square (or make due with whatever size it came in) and then halve length-wise. Divide chicken mixture between halves along one long edge, roll up tightly and place seem side down on baking sheet. Beat egg yolk with 1 tsp of water and brush on to logs. Sprinkle with Sesame seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes, let cool and slice

Simmer all the ingredients in a sauce pan over low-medium heat for 5 minutes. Let cool and stir in the remain chopped Cilantro

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I cup Ranch Dressing
12-16ozs of your favorite Hot Sauce, such as Frank's
8oz Cream Cheese (named brand, DO NOT USE reduced-fat)
8oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3-4 pounds Chicken Thighs cooked, de-skinned and shredded

Make sure to remove all skin and connective tissue from chicken. Mix all ingredients and bake for 30 minutes at 350 Degrees.

Thai Chicken Skewers

1 bunch fresh Cilantro
6 T. Brown sugar, divide
6 T. Fresh Lime Juice, Divided
2 T Red curry paste, divided
1/4 tsp pepper flakes
2 lbs boneless, Skinless chicken breast, but into 1/4 inch strips
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Shallots chopped
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 T. Fresh Ginger, chopped
3 garlic Cloves, Chopped

Blend Cilantro, 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar, 2 Tbsp Lime Juice, 1 Tbsp Red Curry Paste, pepper flakes and a pinch of salt in food process till smooth. Pour of chicken to marinate for 10-15 minutes. Process remaining ingredients in food processor till smooth to make sauce. Thread chicken on to skewers and preheat broiler to high with rack 6 inches from element. Place skewers on a sheet tray and cover ends of skewers with foil to prevent burning. Serve with romaine lettuce leaves and red and green peppers.

Here goes.

I may have to try this. Whats the cutting off the tips all about? They don't go anywhere?

The tips are not really edible. I save them to add to my stock.

Tryed the recipe yesterday with excellent results! But it can be messy to make, and to eat! lol Oil temp is key to the whole process I think. That and food temp. I don't think its a good idea to toss really cold chicken into really hot oil, so I let mine sit a little while I tested the oil to get it just right. They all came out cooked perfect and delicious! Perfect for celebrating my Packers win! :)

Yes I never cook any meat that is cold. Always room temp before I put fire to it.
Keep it up you will get a routine and before you know it you will be making them and never making a mess.

Here goes.

I've been on a wings kick dude. We should do a super bowl herf if I can get the day off!!

BRING IT BIG BOY

Bacon wrapped deep fried Chicken livers:

Wrap each washed liver in two directions with thin sliced bacon.
ie; once around and once over the open end that is left, to enclose the liver completely.
Use toothpicks to hold the bacon on tight.
Deep fry until bacon starts to crisp - cut one open to check the liver for being fully cooked - you're done.
Great as-is and also with fresh squeezed lemon, tobasco, ranch dressing etc - use your imagination.